baird1fa

Re: Reload Part

Yep, this feature is desperately needed. Lesser programs have this feature already. It is very irritating when making multi colour prints with multiple STL files that need to be grouped, have individual profiles set for each model to have to manually redo that if you need to make a changed. I reload model feature that would keep all those settings would be super helpful.
TheBum

If this feature were implemented, you'd most likely still have to redo custom supports. There's really no way for the application to know how to adapt something it didn't generate.
vindolin

TheBum wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:25 am If this feature were implemented, you'd most likely still have to redo custom supports. There's really no way for the application to know how to adapt something it didn't generate.
Nobody expects the software to perform magic, but to make common cases less sucky.
Almost every other slicer has this feature and I'm using it a LOT.
Sure if you often have to hand tweak your supports this won't help you.
dtyree77

+1 this would save me a lot of time, now that I have a color mixing printer, I end up setting up wards of 12 - 15 processes sometimes mapped to different parts, it would be really nice if I could just reload the parts as needed, as I see changes that are needed.
drvertigo

Yet another +1

Can it just monitor the source STL for changes, and if so reload, or prompt-to-reload?

Return to “Feature Requests”