rb1205

Re: Reload Part

Repetier Host has this as well (autoreloading updated parts) and it's a godsend. Please add this.
controlsfreek

+1! I also just switched from RepetierHost to Simplify3D- this is a much-used feature that is missing!
avluis

+1
supinemonkey

Still no progress on the reload button? Wow it would be useful. Really really useful, sooner the better. Seems pretty simple to incorporate but wow the convenience it would add for designers. Whew.
jmunkki

Thumbs up for this. Just a menu item to reload all selected models from files without changing scaling, position or rotation would speed up my workflow immensely. In some cases, I might even want to keep the same support structures.
zapta

+1

Nugh said.
saintgimp

I very much want this feature, too. It seems like it would be pretty simple to implement and it would be a huge help for iterating between my CAD software and Simplify3D. Right now the workflow is particularly obnoxious because the default coordinate system in Fusion3D is rotated -90 degrees on the X axis compared to the coordinate system in S3D, so when I tweak my model not only do I have to remove the model from S3D and re-add it, but I also need to rotate it every time in S3D so it lays flat. There absolutely should be a "reload" option that will simply get the new STL from disk and update the model in-place.
junktronix

+1 as well. This would really speed up my design process
HexHyte

+1!!
Gnevko

+1

Return to “Feature Requests”