gwhite

Re: Reload Part

Another vote. The vast majority of my print jobs are new designs that may need tweaking, and/or parts that require tighter mechanical tolerances than I can hit on the first try. There are many designs that require as many as 6 iterations to get just right. This would be a huge help.
tonyno

How can this be four years old with 31 posts about it and still not implemented yet?! :(
ryaske

Wow, I am really disappointed this simple feature is not implement. It is a huge pain to have to delete, add, and then reapply all rotation size and positioning details to the new part. I might now actually really regret buying this software...

I sent a support ticket into Simplify3d support about this feature before I thought to check here.

I encourage everyone reading and wanting this feature to do the same. Maybe that will get their attention?
Last edited by S3D-Jake on Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed profanity
allan_glover

+1 this is a must have. I would use this on almost every print
ryaske

I apologize about the profanity having to be removed from my last post. I didn't realize I used any -- just goes to show you how frustrating it is that this feature STILL doesn't exist!

I just wanted to update the thread iwth the response I got to my case submittal on this feature request:
I would be glad to forward this as a feature request to the development team. I am sure they will evaluate this request along with many others for the future releases.
Not very promising :-(
I will start evaluating other slicers to find one that offers a "reload part" feature and will probably switch over to it instead. Too much time is wasted having to manually place parts and re-set orientation, size, placement, etc
gearsawe

+1
or
+1000 ?
yes have missed scaling a couple times when printing a part. And the auto scale is not a solution I don't scale Z the same as XY. So have to rotate the part first then scale. The order does matter when placing the part.
Not I would hope if they implement this. They note the order of operations or Rotate part first then Scale.

My work around is... I mainly print in ABS. so I have scaled my e-steps to take into account for the part shrinking when it cools after taking it out of the chamber.

But yes this could be difficult to add. But huge time saver if it works. When you have multiple parts in a bed it very time consuming.
WillemWever

aricnorine wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:05 pm +1, really want this feature. Repetier-Host has it and it's awesome. The program automatically detects if the file has changed on disk and asks if you want to re-import it.
This.
While not a critical issue for me, it would be a usefull and logical feature that is already very common in other designs.
I use InDesign for graphic design and place Photoshop files in my InDesign design. As soon as I update a placed Photoshoip file a yellow excalamtion mark shows up in the list of linked files. Double click that and you immediately see the updated file rather then having to re-place, scale, rotate, etc.

It also helps keeping file sizes low as you don't actually import the designs into the software, you just have a design file and a set of linked files.

I'm guessing that the 'issue' is that S3D doesn't workt with linked files, as soon as you import your STL then the model becomes a part of the S3D file and changing this might require a substantial change in how S3D works..?
tonyno

Bump! :D We need this.
rlb408

100% agree. This is the single most important missing feature. I've wasted too many hours recreating the perfect support structures

Is this product still under active development? Or is it at end of life?
Miklb

I post the question on the recent S3D tweet "feature request " but I have no answer.. :x I just would like to know if it is a choice ?

An update model feature ! It's is so boring to do it manually each time... So this request has been made 3 times on the forum since 2014. Could you explain why this feature is not available ? Is it a choice ?

Return to “Feature Requests”