steuned

external fill pattern: linear seam stacking

Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:05 pm

i would like to see an external fill pattern that prints lines in one linear direction per layer, but offset alternating layers so the line prints directly on top of the seam of the previous layer, so as to reduce the "air gap" between layers.
Attachments
stackseam.jpg
blue = perimiter / green = external fill pattern

S3D-Jake

Re: external fill pattern: linear seam stacking

Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:43 am

Nice image! I'll document this request for our development team to view. We'll also keep an eye out for larger user interest.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

zemlin

Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:58 pm

I can see benefit there, but in the interest of part strength I'd like to see an option for two layers overlapping at 45, then two layers overlapping at -45 (or whatever angles are selected).

steuned

Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:12 pm

zemlin wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:58 pm
I can see benefit there, but in the interest of part strength I'd like to see an option for two layers overlapping at 45, then two layers overlapping at -45 (or whatever angles are selected).
yeah this kinda would have gone with the idea i had in mind, as we already have an option to change rotation values by layer for both external and internal fill; but i guess 45 degrees at every 2 layers would be a good default setting for rectilinear.

however my pictured idea was also meant to include concentric fill as well, but my actual design skills are reserved for when i'm being paid to do it lol

Return to “Feature Requests”