Acrapovic

Add subprocesses for much easier process managment

Many times I find myselfe messing upp my subprocesses when doing different variations for an existing process. Especially since i might use different processes in one print. You change one variable and then another one, and then you have messed up your primary processes. Ofcourse you can copy and make more processes but it is done so often i think that you are gonna have problems keeping track of them (I think most of you know what I mean)

A better option I think would be to create primary processes and subprocesses that are a derivate of the primary one. And inte the processes box these will be displayed by a expansion cross (on the primary process) that you can click and expand to reveal the subprocess.
Also these while have and atomatic naming prefixes that kind of tells what settings differ from the primary one so it is easy to get an overview (ofcurse you should be able to define name your selfe or just add the name to the automatic added one)
These modified settings should also be highlighted in yellow when you open the settings dialouge box, for easier overview.

/Martin
S3D-Jake

Re: Add subprocesses for much easier process managment

I love this idea! As someone who deals with providing support for hundreds of different printer models and modifies the stock profile for those machines quite often this really would come in handy.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”