tezz

ooze shield brim

Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:12 am

hi there, this is a suggestion, i am using a dual extruder 2 in 1 out, and i have found that the ooze shield tends to come off the bed many time then gets stuck in the hotend ect.. in cura i can set the ooze shield so that it lines up with a brim thereby giving it better adhesion and not messing up the print by coming off the bed. so why not add a function the add a brim to the ooze shield??

S3D-Jake

Re: ooze shield brim

Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:55 am

Hi there,

Have you tried printing in Simplify3D with a skirt/brim enabled and the oozeshield turned on? If you set up the skirt/brim feature to print a brim it will be printed against the oozeshield.

Thanks,

Jake
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

tezz

Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:03 am

I have managed to figure out how to get the ooze shield to connect to the skirt/brim, set skirt layer to 1, skirt offset to 0, skirt outlines to 8. then ooze shield offset 10mm, ooze outlines to 1 and then the ooze shield is connected to the skirt, I still need to test print to check results. but I feel it should have been easier to do other than faffing about for an hour. the key to good software is the ease of use for the end-user, and often coders forget that they just assume everyone knows whats going on..very poor,

S3D-Jake

Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:39 am

tezz wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:03 am
I have managed to figure out how to get the ooze shield to connect to the skirt/brim, set skirt layer to 1, skirt offset to 0, skirt outlines to 8. then ooze shield offset 10mm, ooze outlines to 1 and then the ooze shield is connected to the skirt, I still need to test print to check results. but I feel it should have been easier to do other than faffing about for an hour. the key to good software is the ease of use for the end-user, and often coders forget that they just assume everyone knows whats going on..very poor,
This is great feedback. I've noted the difficulty for a new user for our development team to review.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”