cookietran

Infill

Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:46 am

when building an objekt sometimes it would be nice to have an increasing higher infill towards the top, like starting with 3 solids, tan 10% infill and like the last infill layers 20 or 25 and than top 3 solid layers.

S3D-Jake

Re: Infill

Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:37 am

Hi Cookietran!

Great idea. This can be done on simpler geometries by using the variable settings wizard. For more organic shapes this would certainly be better off as an automated setting. I've documented this as a new feature request and will continue to monitor this thread for more user interest.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

drock_in_nc

Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:10 am

I would use that as well. Great idea. Guess we can kinda do that with multiple processes and starting at different heights can't we?. But to be able to do that all in one process like how we change temp would be cool.

S3D-Jake

Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:41 am

I was thinking something even more automated than adding layer set points. For instance if there is a section of top solid layers about to be printed, increase the infill percentage a few layers prior. Now imagine that there is any shape other than a cube. This setting becomes super helpful. If you have cubes and very infrequent sections of top solid layers then of course you can quickly setup a few processes with the variable settings wizard.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”