carlomacchiavello

Remaining time to end print

Hi Guys,
i would like to see on interface of preview the value of remaining time of print.
Now i can see that total printing time il 354 minutes, and i'm at 50 % of print, but my obj is not linear and printing speed is not linear, in the preview i can see different speed color.
I would like to see in the software interface a value of remaining minutes to end print. I understand that it cannot be exact, but just to have an idea about time to wait to see the finished work.
i think is near to simple add a simple convertion from % to minutes regards speed of printing. I not need exact to seconds, but a generic value.
thanks for developing this good piece of software.
Last edited by carlomacchiavello on Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lkeppner

Re: Remaining time to end print

I believe if you click on the machine control panel while printing, the progress bar at the bottom gives the remaining time in minutes. That's why I leave it open over the printing preview screen so I can monitor how long is left.
BaudR8

lkeppner wrote:I believe if you click on the machine control panel while printing, the progress bar at the bottom gives the remaining time in minutes. That's why I leave it open over the printing preview screen so I can monitor how long is left.
Yeah, in the machine control panel, at the bottom, it'll show a progress bar and mins remaining during a print. I usually keep the Machine Control Panel open as well, I like having the Temperature graph displaying for a quick glance to make sure the temperatures are correct.
reddadsteve

That's odd, I only see the progress bar and % complete in the machine control panel. Am I missing something? I am running S3d 2.1.2 and printing over USB to a Flashforge Creator X.

BTW, I love S3D!

Steve
Attachments
Machine Control panel with print in progress
Machine Control panel with print in progress
scott216

I only see percent complete, I don't see remaining time anywhere. Does Simplify 3D have this somewhere?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Makerbot Replicator 2
Upgraded Aluminum Arms, Alucarriage, Alu-X-Ends and 3-in-1 Extruder
Mac OSX v10.9.5
mvansomeren

I'm running ver. 2.2.2 and I see the % and the remaining minutes on the control page.

You have to be printing a file that includes time information. Unfortunately, the x3g files do not support this so you will only see percentages, and not a physical time remaining.
scott216

JoeJ wrote:You have to be printing a file that includes time information.
How do files get this info, does the slicer figure it out?
Unfortunately, the x3g files do not support this so you will only see percentages, and not a physical time remaining.
ReplicatorG has a time remaining displayed. So it must be possible. Sounds like it's just not a feature Simplify 3D has.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Makerbot Replicator 2
Upgraded Aluminum Arms, Alucarriage, Alu-X-Ends and 3-in-1 Extruder
Mac OSX v10.9.5
charlieaf92

I just tried Slic3r for the first time and saw that on my Reprap screen, instead of elapsed print time, it displayed the time remaining until the print is completed. I found this MUCH more useful and preferable. After some research, it seems that this is incorporated into the gcode by the slicer. Is there a way to enable this in Simplify3d? If not, please consider adding it as a feature.

Thanks!
Charlie
SouthernGoose

I agree...I was using Prusa Slicer and it had remaining time. I would love a parameter that calculates this so that I can display this on the LCD.

Return to “Feature Requests”