66tbird

Multi part Progressive Scaling

Wouldn't it be neat if there was a simple progressive scaling feature. I do a lot of 'one off' prototypes that need press fit small parts. I spend what I feel more time than I should duplicating then scaling up, rinse repeat. I'll print a half dozen at a time all the same but at a different scale on one axis or more.

Check box for progressive scale, spinner for number of copies and a spinner for percentage/copy. The x-y-z-all can be transferred as well.
laird

Re: Multi part Progressive Scaling

66tbird wrote:Wouldn't it be neat if there was a simple progressive scaling feature. I do a lot of 'one off' prototypes that need press fit small parts. I spend what I feel more time than I should duplicating then scaling up, rinse repeat. I'll print a half dozen at a time all the same but at a different scale on one axis or more.

Check box for progressive scale, spinner for number of copies and a spinner for percentage/copy. The x-y-z-all can be transferred as well.
It would be great to have a "number of copies" option for sure. Fairly often I assemble a plate by dragging the same thing into S3D multiple times because I need multiple copies, and it'd save time to import, scale, add support, etc., once, but have multiple copies print.

Progressive scaling of the multiples is a little more specialized, but it sure couldn't hurt to have the option for those that need it.
TenKOhms

laird wrote: It would be great to have a "number of copies" option for sure. Fairly often I assemble a plate by dragging the same thing into S3D multiple times because I need multiple copies, and it'd save time to import, scale, add support, etc., once, but have multiple copies print.

Progressive scaling of the multiples is a little more specialized, but it sure couldn't hurt to have the option for those that need it.
laird, try the duplicate feature:
Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 11.48.03 PM.png
Opens this dialog on the selected model:
Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 11.53.00 PM.png
66tbird wrote:Wouldn't it be neat if there was a simple progressive scaling feature. I do a lot of 'one off' prototypes that need press fit small parts. I spend what I feel more time than I should duplicating then scaling up, rinse repeat. I'll print a half dozen at a time all the same but at a different scale on one axis or more.

if you import a model, apply scaling/rotation, and then duplicate, it will duplicate with the alterations as well:

Original:
Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 11.50.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 11.50.53 PM.png (60.94 KiB) Viewed 3093 times
Adjustments:

After duplicating with adjustments set:
66tbird

Got it, thanks :)

Return to “Feature Requests”