maker2

indicate when model has been scaled in model list

If you have a full build plate and a list of models in the appropriate pane, it's hard to tell whether you've remembered to scale them all appropriately for the printer / material. In fact, it's necessary to step through them all one by one and check the settings.

It would be nice if the models appeared in the list with an Icon next to them indicating if they have been scaled from 100%. If there's space well the exact scalings (personally XY gets scaled differently to Z) could be displayed, otherwise display with a simple mouseover.

Thanks
maker2

Re: indicate when model has been scaled in model list

I guess there are two reasons for scaling a print.

1) some people want to print their plastic ducks at double the size, so scale to 200%;

2) some people want their prints to come out of the printer at exactly the same size as specified the CAD model, so scale to compensate for printer characteristics and material thermal shrinkage;

Right now I'm printing ABS in a heated chamber on my Railcore printer and by trial and error have concluded that scaling X and Y to 100.9% and scaling Z to 100.5% works just great. In that regard it would be great to be able to select MULTIPLE PARTS in the models list so as to set everything to this very particular scaling. Currently must select the parts one by one, which also leaves room for error.

Return to “Feature Requests”