Johnsaen

build stats in cm3

Coul you also give a stat of cm3 used since hubs calculate in cm3, shouldn't be so difficult?
jimc

Re: build stats in cm3

not sure if this is what your looking for but on the top, goto mesh then calculate volume. if gives you the cm3 of the model.
KeyboardWarrior

jimc wrote:not sure if this is what your looking for but on the top, goto mesh then calculate volume. if gives you the cm3 of the model.
I believe he's asking for cm3 if filament used. Which since the filament diameter is calculated, as well as mm of filament used, would simply be multiplying those two by 3.14 and you'd have mm^3 or the volume of filament used, which is easily convertible to cm^3.
TenKOhms

KeyboardWarrior wrote:
jimc wrote:not sure if this is what your looking for but on the top, goto mesh then calculate volume. if gives you the cm3 of the model.
I believe he's asking for cm3 if filament used. Which since the filament diameter is calculated, as well as mm of filament used, would simply be multiplying those two by 3.14 and you'd have mm^3 or the volume of filament used, which is easily convertible to cm^3.
correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this calculation is missing a couple steps and will only yield mm^2
mm.PNG
mm.PNG (1.97 KiB) Viewed 3191 times
pi * r^2 * h = volume of a cylinder ; the length of plastic used is the height, you forgot we have diameter of filament not radius

so I believe the proper formula will be:
mmm.PNG
mmm.PNG (2.8 KiB) Viewed 3191 times

Return to “Feature Requests”