fluidfred

Support for Mosaic Manufacturing - Multi Color Printing ?

Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:35 am

will there be support for http://www.mosaicmanufacturing.com multi color printing?

regards
fluidfred

KeyboardWarrior

Re: Support for Mosaic Manufacturing - Multi Color Printing

Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:33 am

fluidfred wrote:will there be support for http://www.mosaicmanufacturing.com multi color printing?

regards
fluidfred
From there website:
Compatibility

Our technology has been designed to work with the majority of 3D printers available today. If your printer accepts standard filament and runs on G-Code/X3G, you can unlock its true potential.

Software:
We will be releasing an API to integrate our software package with current slicer programs.
It sounds like they're going to do everything they can to make it compatible with the slicers on the market, so I can't think of any immediate reason why it wouldn't be.

habloIngles

Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:35 am

the mosaic multicolor system hasn't been released yet... I dont think they've released any API or documentation on how the system works so any answer at this point would be pure speculation...

that being said the site said it supports x3g and gcode, so my guess is you would feed G-Code files into the mosaic, and it makes calculations based off the G-Code on how much filament to splice together. Since it supports G-Code, I'm almost confident you'll be able to produce G-Code compatible with the mosaic system

fluidfred

Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:54 am

TThis is what someone replied to me today in IRC #reprap.

----------------------------------------------------------
fluidfred, you can do it with one nozzle, there's a gcode section in slic3r for switching toolheads. put your code for switching colors in there.
----------------------------------------------------------

It sounds a bit akward by manually editing the G-Code.

-- fluidfred

errolt

Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:22 am

fluidfred wrote: It sounds a bit akward by manually editing the G-Code.
-- fluidfred
He did not mean that you should edit the gcode by hand.

In Simplify3D, under your Process settings is a Scripts tab there is a sub tab called Tool Change G-Code.

Any gcode you put in there will run every time the slicer changes heads.

There you can put custom gcode required to switch to the other head or to another color.

Return to “Feature Requests”