tonyno

Re: Sequential printing within a process

I'd like to see this, too.
florianborn

+1
I just bought Simplify 3D because of the sequential printing option. Now I need to print about 100 small flat pieces at once. But selecting 100 would take way to long.
Even a script that creates one processes for each object with the default settings would be nice. Is there a scripting environment within S3D?
colbyparsons

I'm shocked that this cannot be done on Simplify. And also that spiral vase mode cannot be done sequentially. The lack of those features make Simplify significantly less functional for any kind of production work. In particular, I'm using this for clay 3D printing, and I want to be able to lay out multiple forms to be printed at once, but I currently prefer spiral mode because it gives a much cleaner look. Although even that feature could be improved. It would be great to have some control of how it integrates with the bottom layer (such as some control of the ramping, which currently is not a smooth transition, or the ability to print one or two solid layers without the outer wall, and then have the spiral start at the bottom) . But now I'm off topic. As my final comment, I would say that I hope Simplify3D is working on some significant new features for upcoming releases, because while it is my current favorite in some ways, I no longer think that it stands apart from the free options distinctly enough to warrant the cost.
Lagbert

+1

Sequential printing without a mountain of process to deal with would be great for those of use who do production runs.

What about a grid option? Setup a single model and process and then tell S3D to print the a grid X parts wide by Y parts deep and proceeding through the parts by means of fore/aft or left/right zigzag.
C-line

+1

Please provide this feature -- it is extremely awkward and time consuming to work around the current limitations, especially as printers get larger and capable of printing more objects at a time. (I have some print batches that include more than 50 small objects which require sequential printing!) :shock:

Since I use a round print bed on one of my printers (a delta), I often need to arrange multiple objects in a circular pattern. Since S3D doesn't currently provide this option, I do it in my modeling program and import the multi-object pattern as a single STL file.

Then I use the "separate connected surfaces" feature (in the Mesh menu) to create individual parts in S3D. I then need to create individual processes for each part, and make sure the processes are in the correct order to avoid print head collisions during sequential printing.

To make this less of an ordeal, I would suggest S3D should:

1. Allow sequential printing without requiring a duplicate process (or group of processes) for each object;
2. Provide an intuitive means of specifying object print order, for example by dragging object names up or down the list in the "select models" dialog box.
igfarm

+1. Need this feature for my big printer.

Return to “Feature Requests”