WebClaw

[ADDED] XYZprinting Da Vinci 2.0 w/Repetier-Firmware

As of December 12th RC1 (Release Canidate 1) Repetier Firmware for the Da Vinci printers (1.0, 2.0SF and 2.0) has been released:
https://github.com/luc-github/Repetier- ... e/releases

Given this, it would be great to see Simply3D add a new printer in the Simply3D software which references Da Vinci Printers running Repetier firmware.

This would allow Simply3D to use more features (eg: real time tracking), LCD functionality, etc.
With the recent sales of Da Vinci printers reaching record sales more people would buy SImply3D.

I personally ran Repetier with my Da Vinci Duo, when your new version (2.2 at the time writing) came out I immediately purchased Simply3D and have been extremely happy.
TenKOhms

Re: XYZprinting Da Vinci 2.0 w/Repetier-Firmware

If the Da Vinci is running Repetier Firmware, it will connect like a "normal" printer, in other words like the RepRap style printers do. I don't believe there should be any changes made to the stock profile in order to print with it as opposed to stock da vinci firmware. Also if the LCD works like normally does on Repetier, you should be able to get it to display messages by using the M117 commadn like this:

Code: Select all

M117 TEXT
I am personally running s3d with my printer (non da-vinci) running repetier firmware without any issues.
S3D-Jason

Re: XYZprinting Da Vinci 2.0 w/Repetier-Firmware

As of version 2.2, Simplify3D supports da Vinci printers running either the stock XYZprinting firmware or da Vinci printers running the Repetier firmware.

Return to “Feature Requests”