Levi8than

Re: Better top surface stitching & bosses on top layers

+1. I had posted a duplicate bug (http://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2086). The layer-specific-process fix is a WAR that works for me today. But it's not production worthy, and the extra step shouldn't be required.

Have we seen a response from an S3d engineer on this yet? Something to show that they've looked at this?
jimc

While they dont post here they do keep good tabs on the forum so you can be sure they have seen the thread and know about it
BaronWilliams

I ran into this bug again yesterday. Several parts of my print broke off easily because of the bug :cry:

I know this bug is there and I know how to avoid it but I forgot to address the problem before completing the print job :oops:

More wasted plastic to recycle, and time lost printing a doomed part :(

I'll need to reprint the part, making sure to add solid diaphragms here and there to prevent this bug from making another weak print.
smartavionics

+1 as this really is a bad problem.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but what I would like to see is that the solid layers that run under a vertical (or slanted) perimeter built on top extend far enough under the perimeters so that they print OK irrespective of the gaps in the infill. So this means that the lowermost solid layer has to go not just under ALL of the perimeters but far enough beyond so that its end attaches to the infill below it and not just stop in mid-air which is what it does at the moment.

For example if I am using, say, 25% infill, 200% infill width and the "normal" +/- 45 deg lines, the infill produces a pattern of squares approx 5mm across the points. So when a solid layer needs to run under a perimeter it must be extended sufficiently so that it reaches the infill that is beyond the furthest away perimeter which could be as far as 5mm beyond the outer edge of the perimeter! At the moment it just stops under the first perimeter and so you end up with holes in the solid layer where it abuts the perimeter. It looks crap and must be horribly weak.

Cheers,

Mark
MFitz73

Im starting to think that this is not the right place to address this bug. When I first got s3d a few weeks ago, within hours I found a bug in the fan off command. I went to the s3d website and logged my bug report in there.
the very next day they got back intouch and the fix was made in the next release.

Not sure but maybe someone who really has a handle on this bug could go through the s3d website and explain in via their form??

Mike
jimc

S3d generally does a release every 3-4 mos. since this was posted there has not been a new release. See ehat happens in the next one.
MFitz73

ok but has there been any s3d employees commenting and acknowledging this issue? at least I had contact with them after I logged a bug report on their website.
jimc

S3d employees dont post or comment here. They do monitor all the forum posts very well. You can be sure they know of this thread.
jimmybuckets

Another example of why this needs to be fixed
Attachments
20150318_081105 s.jpg
jimmybuckets

This is with little to no effort to pull apart...this is polycarb/abs blend...almost impossible to rip apart normally without pliers.
Attachments
upload_-1.jpg

Return to “Feature Requests”