Tech Teacher

[ADDED] Automatic Size Dimensions

I know that there has been a previous request for this topic but as I constantly resize objects to fit various rc planes that I build I would love to see an automatic dimension change as suggested in the post quoted below.....

Quote:
When working in the "Model Settings" Dialog - I make changes to the object scale (re sizing the object). The "Object Size Dimensions" do not change until I exit the "Model Settings" dialog and re-enter it.
It would be nice is the size dimensions updated immediately - or perhaps have an "Apply" button to make them change.
Exiting and entering that dialog is time consuming and repetitive.
habloIngles

Re: Automatic Size Dimensions

Tech Teacher wrote:I know that there has been a previous request for this topic but as I constantly resize objects to fit various rc planes that I build I would love to see an automatic dimension change as suggested in the post quoted below.....

Quote:
When working in the "Model Settings" Dialog - I make changes to the object scale (re sizing the object). The "Object Size Dimensions" do not change until I exit the "Model Settings" dialog and re-enter it.
It would be nice is the size dimensions updated immediately - or perhaps have an "Apply" button to make them change.
Exiting and entering that dialog is time consuming and repetitive.
If you're attempting achieve a certain dimension, I think it would be quicker/easier to perform the calculation rather than trying to guess the scale multiplier and checking the final dimension afterwards. just my opinion
dsegel

I agree with the OP. Rotations change in real time, but scaling does not. Sometimes it's easier to just enter numbers and watch the change rather than calculate what I'm aiming for.
laird

dsegel wrote:I agree with the OP. Rotations change in real time, but scaling does not. Sometimes it's easier to just enter numbers and watch the change rather than calculate what I'm aiming for.
Wouldn't it be better to be able to enter exactly what you want (the target size) and have the software compute the required scale? Other slicers let you enter either scale or resulting size, and computer the other...
AK_Eric

+1 : Makerware does this, it's super handy. Why have humans do math when the robots should do it for us? :D
Bots:
Makerbot Replicator 2x / Sailfish on Mightyboard
Custom C-Bot / RepRap Firmware on RADDS
Custom Tevo Little Monster / RepRap Firmware on Duet
McSquid

make the dimensions fields editable please so that we can specify 1 dimension and the model will scale to that size
Stoupik

hi all,
I updated to last version 2.2.2. In this version is XY compensation. When I use this feature (example -0.15mm), inner outline is bigger, but outer outline is smaller. I have still difference cca. 0,45mm. I would like to select loops in 3d model, which I want modify. example in attachment.
Attachments
Simplify3D.jpg
S3D-Jason

This feature was added in version 3.0. You can now enter the desired part size and the model will automatically scale to that size.

See this video for more information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5rLVYpeoXU

Return to “Feature Requests”