cosmith71

Re: Send GCode Directly to OctoPrint

Has this ever been implemented? It's the number one reason I've stayed with Slic3r.
brian442

They already allow all of the custom post-processing actions, so I do this already by just adding a single line to the post processing script to upload the file. So it was pretty easy to add for me.
icoblentz

bpopp wrote:For those of you on Windows, I just built a small background application for uploading gcode and stl files from a local folder to an Octoprint server (via REST). Once configured, it watches for changes to the folder and automatically uploads any added files. Seems to be working well for me, but your mileage may vary. Would love to hear feedback at bpopp [at] bpopp [dot] net (or github) if anyone tries it out:

https://github.com/bpopp/OctoprintUploader/releases

Thanks, just setup Octopi and this is perfect.
cosmith71

kmbecker13 wrote:I'm having a bit of trouble with this. I've added the curl statement that was posted above into my post-processing section in S3D, but nothing happens with I click save to disk. If i copy and paste the curl statement into CMD (and add the file location) then it works great. Do i need to do anything else to enable to the post-processing in S3D?

Otherwise this seems like an awesome tool!!
I know this is old, but I'm having this exact same thing, including working with the command prompt. Here's my post-processing line:

Code: Select all

curl -k -H "X-Api-Key: My API Key is Here" -F "select=false" -F "print=false" -F "file=@[output_filepath]" "http://192.168.1.100l/api/files/local"
Any suggestions?

--Colin
GreatBizarro

icoblentz wrote:
bpopp wrote:For those of you on Windows, I just built a small background application for uploading gcode and stl files from a local folder to an Octoprint server (via REST). Once configured, it watches for changes to the folder and automatically uploads any added files. Seems to be working well for me, but your mileage may vary. Would love to hear feedback at bpopp [at] bpopp [dot] net (or github) if anyone tries it out:

https://github.com/bpopp/OctoprintUploader/releases
I want to thank you for sharing this with us as I just set up Octoprint as I was waiting for a way to use it with Simplify3D before I did so. I have the program running but am not able to connect. I entered the server address 192...... and the API Key #####but am unable to connect What do I need to set for the Server Address?
JvdP

This would be great to have!
bnorman

cosmith71 wrote:
kmbecker13 wrote:I'm having a bit of trouble with this. I've added the curl statement that was posted above into my post-processing section in S3D, but nothing happens with I click save to disk. If i copy and paste the curl statement into CMD (and add the file location) then it works great. Do i need to do anything else to enable to the post-processing in S3D?

Otherwise this seems like an awesome tool!!
I know this is old, but I'm having this exact same thing, including working with the command prompt. Here's my post-processing line:

curl -k -H "X-Api-Key: My API Key is Here" -F "select=false" -F "print=false" -F "file=@[output_filepath]" "http://192.168.1.100l/api/files/local"
Any suggestions?

--Colin
I had the same symptom Simplify3D 3.1.1 on Ubuntu 16.04. It turns out I was missing a character in my API key somehow. I diagnosed it by running:

curl --stderr /tmp/curl.log -v -k -H "X-Api-Key: 12345678901234567890123456789012" -F "select=false" -F "print=false" -F "file=@[output_filepath]" "https://octopi.local/api/files/local"
Then I could see that I was unauthorized in /tmp/curl.log . After troubleshooting, you can remove "--stderr /tmp/curl.log -v" from the postprocessing command.
carnufex

Please do this ASAP.
akegata@gmail.com

This really needs to be implemented. It annoys me like there's no tomorrow that a slicer I paid quite a bit of money for doesn't have this feature.
It should also be implemented to allow for several different octoprint instances, for us who have more than one printer.
prgenovese

This is something very desirable as a standard and supported implementation regardless of any user hacks and/or work arounds. And it should be ridiculously easy to implement.

Return to “Feature Requests”