ZhenyaKa

Re: Send GCode Directly to OctoPrint

I have some issue with uploading to Octoprint.
If file has non latin characters it uploads in wrong codepage.

If I upload it with UPLOAD button - all fine.

When use API - filename bad.
Larsen1000

I would love this one in Simplify3D as well :)
kon_jelly

Just purchased yesterday and was disappointed to not see support for this. Add me as another one that would get a lot of use out of this.
JCPhlux

So I wanted a simple solution for windows users can use that did not require having an app running all the time in the background. So I built one.

Features
  • Show status of printer.
  • Only Upload.
  • Upload and start print.
  • Remove gcode file after upload.
  • Open OctoPrint after upload.
If you want to try it out you can download it here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LJEcpi ... sp=sharing

If not installed already install the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... ?id=56115

Setup
1. Extract files to local folder.
2. Open Simplify3d
3. Edit Proccess Settings
4. Scripts Tab
5. Under Additional terminal commands for post processing add be below line with your settings.

[Folder you extracted to]\Simplify3DOctoPrintUploader -f=[output_filepath] -s=[http://{octoprint ip address}] -a=[User API Key from ociprint]
Example1.PNG
Example1.PNG (4.34 KiB) Viewed 12605 times
The attachment is no longer available
Attachments
Example2.PNG
scoobdiddy

I would like full octoprint integration. Look at cura for a good start on this. It's useful to control your printers over the network for certain things. Especially since my printers are not close to my main PC. I do have a laptop in the workshop as well and control my printers with cura directly from there for things like calibrations, leveling, etc. There are times though when I'm doing specific design work where it would be useful. I'm a software engineer and could certainly write my own, but for $150 this should just be built in. It's pretty ubiquitous through out the community. This thread goes back all the way back to 2015 so my guess is they won't be adding these features, but sadly they will be left behind to the open source free software as it's already near parity with simplify at this point even all the comparison videos are getting stale as Cura has added almost all the features simplify did earlier this year. If this software is so great there would be no need to buy before you try.
JCPhlux

scoobdiddy wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:49 pm I would like full octoprint integration.
I Think we all would but until someone at Simplify3D adds it I have provided a simple solution that does not require any complicated setup. If any one at Simplify3D is reading this feel free to look at my code to see just how easy it is to add this option.
Here is a link to my repo https://github.com/jcphlux/OctoPrintPos ... orUploader
JCPhlux

BTY I am not sure why this option has not been added yet. I built this tool in like 4 hours.
S3D-Jake

Thanks so much to all of you who have contributed to the advancement of this topic, as well as those simply interested in the idea and expressing your interest!

Our next update's been teased and more details can be found in our August Development Update post. We plan to provide more frequent updates on current developments going forward.

I'll stoke the flames a bit as well....
If Octoprint integration was to be added what would you say is the most essential feature and how would you like to see that feature implemented?
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
JCPhlux

S3D-Jake wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:02 pm If Octoprint integration was to be added what would you say is the most essential feature and how would you like to see that feature implemented?
For me it is just the ability to send directly to octiprint and start a print like the tool I built.
This would be a simple first step.
Deneteus

I would like the ability to not just send files but to manage batches of files that need to be sent to Octoprint.

Especially when you are trying to print all the parts for another printer and you need to make sure that the next batch that finishes gets sent to the printer. Or in some cases multiple printers. So I can send to 2 or more Octopis based on the batch.

Return to “Feature Requests”