tonyno

Re: Mirror!

JoeJ wrote:Just curious - what are some typical situations where you guys need to use this feature? I'm not sure I've ever had to mirror a model because either I designed it myself or I downloaded it from the thingiverse where most of them are already setup for 3D printing in the correct orientation. Just curious to hear some scenarios where this would be helpful
See HaHaRich's post above. Also, I do a few symmetrical parts, so, no real need for double the number of models.
Vasily

+100
Wanhao Duplicator 4X DH
gadget47

greetings, just looking around and decided to add a vote to having a mirror feature. I make a few parts for machines and such-both cnc mill and printed, and some of these parts I have to mirror in the design software (to use in simlpify3d). Having this feature in the slicing software saves a step in the cad. on another note- the free-ware Cura, Kiss slicer, repetier, all have this feature -standard.
ImShogun

+1000
paboman

we really need MIRROR function
please update
Olestra

JoeJ wrote:Just curious - what are some typical situations where you guys need to use this feature? I'm not sure I've ever had to mirror a model because either I designed it myself or I downloaded it from the thingiverse where most of them are already setup for 3D printing in the correct orientation. Just curious to hear some scenarios where this would be helpful

Left and right handed tools, door handles for both side of a door -- many uses where a design could be a mirror image, but since only the STL is shared, you need to mirror in slicing program
HighlandPony

I can't believe that it doesn't have this feature already. :shock:
Mac The Knife

Downloading from thingieverse is a good example. Say you download a figurine that faces left, and you decide you'd like one that faces right also, so you can have one on each end of a shelf. With Repetier, you can click on the mirror icon, and its done. With S3d, you have to run it through a separate piece of software, and hope for the best.
DarthRevan

3.0! :D
Mirror_Mesh.png
Mirror_Mesh.png (9.14 KiB) Viewed 3709 times
S3D-Jason

As mentioned, this feature has now been added in version 3.0. Watch this video for more details: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5kPGHaBy3c

Return to “Feature Requests”