gadittri

Improvement to the Machine Control Panel

Simplify 3D is printing well for me after the last update (thanks for that) but was wanting some future features in the Machine Control Panel. I would like to request a better layout for all the controls similar to the way Repetier Host does it. Can all the different tabs be incorporated onto one page like the Jog Controls, Communication? This is time consuming to have to jump back and forth through tabs checking communications when manual commands are issued.
The temperature plot could also be improved giving more options for configuring the graphs like Repetier Host. Also can the stop print button park the XY so it doesn't leave the head burning into the print or at least give the option to do so by specifying move to these coordinates when stop is pressed? Can you also display the current layer being printed for example "layer 42/100"?

I have not been able to get the macro buttons working like it does in Repetier Host. I have added my gcode to the Macro tab but the only thing it will do is home the axis' but does nothing else. Here is the gcode I am trying to exercise my XY with:

G1 F35000
G21
G28
G90
g1 X260
g1 Y325
g1 X0
g1 Y0
g1 x260
g1 y325
g1 x0
g1 y0
g1 x260
g1 y325
g1 x0
g1 y0
g1 x260
g1 y325
g1 x0
g1 y0
g1 x260
g1 y325

What am I doing wrong?
jimc

Re: Improvement to the Machine Control Panel

for you code below you have all lowercase letters. i know my machine will not recognize lowercase
gadittri

Thanks buddy, that fixed my macro issue. I didn't know it was case sensitive in Simplify3d.
habloIngles

I believe it is the firmware that is case-sensitive, s3d will send in serial communication the way you type it out

Return to “Feature Requests”