dtown

Ability to Interact with Print Server APIs

Ahoy.

I use Octoprint to control my printer via LAN/WAN. Octoprint has an API that makes it easy to transfer data to the printer and control the printer.

It would be nice if there was generic way to interact with APIs like this within S3D, instead of having to save a g-code file and then drag into my Octorpint browser.
montressor

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Ability to Interact with Print Server

+1 on this. It would be amazing to have this functionality, even as an addon/plugin at additional cost
KC_703

I wouldn't pay for this feature... don't give them any ideas. :)

Its easy to drag and drop my generated g-code from a local directory to web page. On the mac its only an extra click if you have a finder window on the directory and Octoprint web page in the background.
Venaas

+1
DarthRevan

KC_703 wrote:I wouldn't pay for this feature... don't give them any ideas. :)

Its easy to drag and drop my generated g-code from a local directory to web page. On the mac its only an extra click if you have a finder window on the directory and Octoprint web page in the background.
Couldn't you just as easily have the folder Octoprint grabs code from be mounted and save toolpaths to that folder? Set it up once and then just select that folder when your like to use Octoprint?
Martin Majewski

Re: Ability to Interact with Print Server APIs

I totally support this! I want to have an option like "Send gcode to Octoprint" besides the "Save toolpath to disk" and "Beginn printing over USB".

As I am using my Macbook Pro with S3D it is not convenient to print over USB for hours.
It is also no option for me to use a SD card, because OctoPrint offers so much more control then my printer's LCD controller.
Saving the gcode to disk just to upload it manually into OctoPrint is sooo tedious.
DarthRevan

Re: Ability to Interact with Print Server APIs

Martin Majewski wrote:I totally support this! I want to have an option like "Send gcode to Octoprint" besides the "Save toolpath to disk" and "Beginn printing over USB".

As I am using my Macbook Pro with S3D it is not convenient to print over USB for hours.
It is also no option for me to use a SD card, because OctoPrint offers so much more control then my printer's LCD controller.
Saving the gcode to disk just to upload it manually into OctoPrint is sooo tedious.
You get nearly the same functionality already if you take the time to setup the watch folder as a network shared folder.

from the Octoprint Config http://docs.octoprint.org/en/master/con ... tml#folder :
# Absolute path to a folder being watched for new files which then get automatically
# added to OctoPrint (and deleted from that folder). Can e.g. be used to define a folder which
# can then be mounted from remote machines and used as local folder for quickly adding downloaded
# and/or sliced objects to print in the future.
watched: /path/to/watched/folder

Mount the folder on your mac, save the gcode there, and then it's in your Octoprint queue.

Return to “Feature Requests”