lmig

Re: Ability to Interact with Print Server APIs

Still I have to save the gcode file to a specific folder/path. depending on the last used folder I still have to navigate to the network share.

A button, "send to octoprint", just like Slic3r already has, would be simply awesome.
K. Hendrik

I would also like to see a print via octoprint feature.
didymus

+1 for me too.

I think a lot of people are using Octoprint to manage their printer connection, this would be a great addition IMO.
maddavo

+1 for this.

I run RepetierServer and it's great.

Copying g-code jobs to the printer is not just what a server is about. I need to be able to control the printer remotely from an App interface. I'm disappointed Simplify3D cannot do this - RepetierHost can.
procivitasvxo

+1 on this one. We're also using octoprint and it would be really nice to be able to use simplify3d more seamless with it!
Gadroc

+1

The machine control panel should have an ability to point to a octoprint server as the port and click connect. Then if everything else worked the same that would be awesome.
jemarvin

+1 For this. Just started using Octoprint this weekend. I'd love to send STL to OctoPrint (possibly from a mobile device?) and use S3D for Slicing.
foosel

Hi, developer of OctoPrint chiming in here. I'm using S3D myself and would be happy to support any development going into this direction.
pgoth

I've added just a small command to do this in the script section. See viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1924&start=10#p20335
avluis

If you guys end up supporting this, which is highly needed btw, please support the API itself as I am using Astroprint (they use OctoPrint as well for their backend), and while they started exposing a bit more of it, all I am given is the API key, which should be all I need really.

Anyways, support OctoPrint, via API!
+1

Return to “Feature Requests”