Brotron

[ADDED] Bridging outline overlap

It would be great if there was an option to increase the outline overlap of "just" the bridging.
Those thin strands need a little more anchor on long bridges. Also would like to have an option for denser bridging so the strands connect edge to edge and don't blow around in the active cooling, like they did in my 30mm bridge calibration tests.

Thanks!
DarthRevan

Re: Bridging outline overlap

KeyboardWarrior wrote:Bridging Speed multiplier:If you find that printing faster/slower helps with bridging, then you would set that here. One trick I use occasionally, is I'll temporarily set the bridging speed multiplier to 999, then slice my file, that way the areas in which the bridging multiplier is taking place are bright red and stand out in the G-Code previewer, that way I have a better idea of where the bridging settings are occurring.
Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 2.06.54 PM.png
A handy trick that KeyboardWarrior shared last week was to use the bridging speed multiplier to make areas where bridging will occur plainly evident in previewer mode. http://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2363

You could then use this information to setup a separate process exclusively for the layers on which bridging would occur. Use whatever outline overlap you'd like in that process and then make a third process to resume with the original settings once the bridging layers are done.

if you need help using multiple processes on a single model theres a tutorial for that! https://www.simplify3d.com/support/tuto ... f-a-model/
jzatopa

Does anyone really have their bridging dialed in? If so could you post up the details?

I am looking for

Print material:
Print Speed:
Fan:
Bridge speed multiplier:
Bridge extrusion multiplier:
jamieb

I tried this trick on the bridge torture test model from thingverse but it is not changing color to red so i assume it is not using bridge settings on this bridge. any reason why it wouldnt?
JoeJ

jamieb wrote:I tried this trick on the bridge torture test model from thingverse but it is not changing color to red so i assume it is not using bridge settings on this bridge. any reason why it wouldnt?
Because your bridging area threshold is too low. When you are printing smaller parts with tiny bridging regions, you may need to lower the area threshold. It won't try to bridge anything that is smaller than that threshold area.
S3D-Jason

This feature was added in version 3.0. There is a new option on the Other tab called "Bridging extra inflation distance". This will expand the bridging region so that it has more overlap with your outline which can help it print better with more of an anchor, as you mentioned.

Return to “Feature Requests”