ImShogun

Rafts compatible with specific filaments like flex

Hello,

I noticed that the rafts created by s3d are simply not compatible with ninjaflex and maybe other filaments that wont appreciate to be pushed to fast. on my FFC I have no big issues with ninjaflex except for the raft. I'm then forced to import a raft myself, which consists of a simple 1mm high 80% infill circle that I would slide under the (1mm raised) object. It works perfectly. It would be so nice if

1) You would be able to pick a different type of raft for specific cases;
And laybe but way less important:
2) There would be a fifth radio box for filament type next to a combobox where stuff like wood/flex/copper/foam filaments would be listed. And if you would select flex, the flex style raft would be selected. And maybe other optimized settings for flex would be picked up too.

Thanks for the very good work anyway!

L.
JoeJ

Re: Rafts compatible with specific filaments like flex

Enable the option that is called "disable raft base layers". That prints a different type of raft that works better for filaments like flex that need more constant extrusion rates. Then you can set the number of layers to 5 (for about 1mm thickness) and 80% infill percentage for the raft.

And you can easily edit the auto-configure options so that different materials use different raft settings. You might want to have a read here: http://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1989
jimc

Re: Rafts compatible with specific filaments like flex

The real question is what on earth would you need a raft for with ninjaflex? It doesnt warp and sticks to a print bed like crazy.

Return to “Feature Requests”