vOidward

Visual gcode editor.

Currently I use an unsupported printer with S3D (craftbot) that has some different gcode commands than what's common. I use scripts and use a text editor to modify the gcode to operate properly and to insert custom stuff like pauses.

It would be quite nice if S3D has a built-in tool that would make this easier, one that let you search for certain gcode commands and represented where that gcode gets executed within the sliced model visually. It would basically have a panel that pops up on the right side when you click the appropriate toolbar button and let you manually edit the gcode in there and have a search bar at the top, and any line of code you have currently selected or have searched for will also be highlighted on the gcode preview in the middle. Maybe just have that layer (and every layer with the same type of gcode command) be colored in purple and if you click on it, it'll focus on that line in the gcode, so say if you have the gcode for the extruder heat command, it'll highlight every time it changes in purple and you can click on the model and change or delete values very quickly.

Scrubbing through the end preview slider would also just jump you directly to the code that executed on that layer or line. Would also be a nice way to learn how gcode works.

With multiple slicing profiles in the same print, temps and fan on/off commands tend to get really messed up because if how those are set up per slicing profiles instead of globally. Being able to go in and double check or modify those in the slicing preview mode would be quite nice. Also, inserting automatic pauses for color changes mid-print this way would be quite convenient.
DarthRevan

Re: Visual gcode editor.

You've described several features which I think would in fact be cool to see. I'd rather see things hilighted in red though. :D
holgamods

I agree! Please make it happen.
rdupre

Please add me to the list wanting this feature.

Return to “Feature Requests”