Wolfie

Start @ and End @ ability to also choose layer

The current settings demand you input specific MM settings. It would be nice to be able to either input MM or specific layer #. I rarely know the specific MM but I frequently know the layer (from the slice preview). Doing the math (layer height * layer number) gets me close enough most of the time. Just silly to have to whip out the calculator to do it.
KeyboardWarrior

Re: Start @ and End @ ability to also choose layer

I would recommend using the cross-sectional viewer tool (z-axis) on your part, to find out what height you want your processes to apply to. This is a helpful trick I've used a bunch!
jimc

yes i use the cross section tool myself. its how i figure out the height as well. only problem is if the measurement the cross section tool gives you doesnt land somewhat close to a layer then you get a 1 layer gap where your 2 processes meet up. sometimes you need to tweak that # 3-4 times to get it close enough for the missing layer to disappear. as the op said, trying to use a calculator is a pia to figure the height of a layer especially if your first layer height is anything other than 100%. the whole process start stop cross section tool thing works, is just quirky. some things in s3d are layer based and some are mm based. when you need to combine those two it becomes sort of a "wing it" procedure. i would like to see a little more standardization there. make the cross section tool output layers or make the process start stop in layers. maybe just make the processes automatically round up or down to the next layer irregardless of what your mm height is set at. im really not sure what the best approach is there. i just know it could be better in some way.
tonyno

I would also like to see a Layer unit for this.
CT4

+ 1 for layer, it would make life a lot easier
Wolfie

I really do wish it just worked like most other apps like Corel for example. If there is a box you can type 1" or 10mm or .4cm or .4' and it will convert it to whats needed in the box.

This box should easily take "15.5mm" or "10-". The dash at the end would indicate the number is a layer. Or better yet if you did NOT type mm, then it presumes its a layer.

Computers and software should make things easier. Not convolute them and make then more difficult.
Vasily

+1 for each layer
Wanhao Duplicator 4X DH

Return to “Feature Requests”