Hatchmanpro

[ADDED] Merge retraction with wipe movements

Can we please get an option to merge retraction moves with the previous travel/wipe moves?

Having retraction sit on its own has been so detrimental to my prints and EVERY other slicer does this right.

I LOVE simplify3d, but this has got to be somewhere in the pipeline... it really has made for an awful experience.

If I don't hear back, I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and see if I can come up with a post processing script to merge all retraction movements with previous G1 commands

should be something like

G1 X35.3 Y54.556 E122

instead of

G1 X35.3 Y54.556
G1 E122

^ this sucks.... and for anyone with a bowden...

If i get quick fix script ready, I'll post it up here.
DarthRevan

Re: Retraction on delta is unusable

Have you been using retraction vertical lift?
errolt

+1

I have requested this before, without any result.

DarthRevan, I use retraction vertical lift, but it still leaves a blob at the retraction point. Retract SHOULD be combined with the wipe, but for some reason it isn't.
JFettig

agreed, we need it. People have been asking for it for years.

Any long bowden setup is going to have significant pressure, the brief pause between the end of the line, the retraction, then the wipe is enough to blob. The only other way to handle it is to let it leave a dimple, there is no happy medium. Its one or the other.

One thing I've helped is given it a maximum move before requiring retraction, depending on the part it'll sometimes not retract, instead it'll wipe and go inward toward infill, it makes no seam but it doesn't work consistently from part to part.
S3D-Jason

This feature was added in version 3.0. You can now perform a non-stationary retraction by combining the retraction movement with a short wiping movement. To enable this new feature, click "Edit Process Settings", go to Advanced tab, and enable the "Perform retraction during wipe movement" option. I would also then suggest making sure the "Only wipe extruder for outer-most perimeters" option is also checked on that tab, and then go to the Extruders tab and make sure "Wipe Nozzle" is enabled for your extruder with a small value like 1-2mm for the wipe distance.

After enabling this feature, the retraction movements are no longer stationary which can greatly help for these delta printers!

Return to “Feature Requests”