Trax

[ADDED] What s3d is really missing are two things

1. Nice support for infill, honeycomb pattern
2. dual extruder support, walls to purge the extruder
Michael_N

Re: What s3d is really missing are two things

+1
"Remember The Vets who fought for our Freedom" ... Intel I7 980 OC'D to 4.3 GHZ, Water Cooled, Gigabyte MB
132 gig ram, 5 HD's, GTX 1080, (8gig ram) GTX Titan-Z (12gig ram), LightWave 2015, 32 and 64 bit.
McSquid

+1. Hate the lack of dual extruder support
bergdesign

By "walls to purge the extruder", I think you are referring to what you can do with skirt/brim under the additions tab. Turn on "Include skirt/brim", set the layers to 1, set the offset to 2 or 3 mm (or more) and set the outlines to 1. S3D will trace around your object one time before starting the first layer, purging any air gap in the hot end.
moraesgyn

+ 1

thats like 90% of the feature requests here! I wonder when they are going to release the new version. any news on that?
moraesgyn

bergdesign wrote:By "walls to purge the extruder", I think you are referring to what you can do with skirt/brim under the additions tab. Turn on "Include skirt/brim", set the layers to 1, set the offset to 2 or 3 mm (or more) and set the outlines to 1. S3D will trace around your object one time before starting the first layer, purging any air gap in the hot end.
I believe he is talking about the wipe tower, when there is a block meant to wipe the nozzle when the tool exchange happens.
dennisjm

Been using S3D for a long time now. Been saying the same thing. There are plenty of threads already on the subject.

Just did another dual color print in Makerware. It worked fine. I don't even bother with S3D if I want two color/support material prints. I tried every tip/quirk/hack/suggestion for months. Every time I found cases where it just didn't work with temperature, nozzle order, or whatever. Not worth the effort when I can just use a different program.

They made a good start by adding retract distance for nozzle change events but the lack of the wiper/purge tower still results in extra wrong material all over the print.

Anyway... like I said... it's all been hashed out before on the forums but I'll
+1
anyway just because S3D is still lacking the feature :)

BTW I like S3D a lot. I use it almost exclusively.. except when I need different infill settings or dual colors :)
ale3d

+1 For the support to dual extrusion. Purge walls, prime pillars, anything that can reduce the oozing.

A skirt as tall as your object is a good workaround, but with taller prints it lacks in the structural part. Adding more skirt outlines will help with it, but will double the time and the material spent on the shield/skirt. Purge walls are a better choice for the time and the material used.
tri-lite

Have you looked at today's posts in the "general Requests" sub-forum? Some big news! You can get a preview of what's coming in 3.0. Looks like the devs were working on ALL these things you requested, and more!

Return to “Feature Requests”