Ret

Re: Complex infill managment needed for large prints!

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:00 pm

I like the idea. I think gradual infill would be more useful than the complex infill you are proposing they add.

ururk

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:15 am

+1 for a gradually increasing infill. We recently started printing large things (.75mm nozzle, 18" x 12" bed size), and interaction/drooping between the infill (say 10%, 16%) and the top layer - even with 3 top layers - creates an obvious pattern. While it doesn't effect the functionality of the part, the finish isn't ideal. I've considered multiple processes, but this becomes a hassle since there's no way to script process creation, and impossible to keep all processes in sync.

dkightley

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:06 am

I agree that the proposed solution ( or to be precise...workaround) by S3D of using multiple profiles is not the answer to this problem.

Some form of automatically generated increase in the density of infill is going to be the only acceptable solution.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

goldcd

Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:29 pm

dkightley wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:06 am
.... ( or to be precise...workaround) by S3D of using multiple profiles is not the answer to this problem.
I'm only a few days into my purchase of Simplify (and I do love what it can do, that Cura couldn't) - just generally the more things I can control.
However. One niggling annoyance is the response that "Problem X can be solved with slicing each and every model with multiple profiles"

Maybe one solution might be to have "auto-profiling" of a model.
e.g. I create a "High infill for below an X/Y layer I want beautifully flat layer, profile. Rather than having to manually set this myself, I could script auto-application of this 5mm below any surface of x mm square.

i.e. in the same way I can prompt simplify to auto-generate supports and then manually edit them. I could get it to auto-apply profiles, and then maybe tweak its best guess.

Return to “Feature Requests”