ProCoPrint3D

Vase model, cut X-Y

Welcome,
Why does the single outline (vase model) switches off completely control the amount Outline / perimeter Shells?
After all, it does not make sense if you want to make a model vase in high resolution and wall thickness of 0.2 mm and a height of 20 cm. The program automatically makes me as one wall and it is too thin. Previously, you could control the amount walls.

When will possibility of cutting the model in X and Y?
There is the option to end print at a height of 20 cm, for example, but there is no stop option in the X and Y. For example, I have a model that goes beyond the field of operation of a machine but the elements are not connected, there is no option of cutting and machine performs simulations for printing on all elements.
DarthRevan

Re: Vase model, cut X-Y

S3D includes a few mesh manipulation features, but cutting your model into pieces along the x or y axis is not one of them. I'd recommend the free version of netfabb for vertical cuts like the ones you've described. http://www.netfabb.com/downloadcenter.php?basic=1

Here's a 3 page pdf on how to cut with netfabb: http://3dprintingsystems.com/download/C ... etfabb.pdf
Holy1

DarthRevan wrote:S3D includes a few mesh manipulation features, but cutting your model into pieces along the x or y axis is not one of them. I'd recommend the free version of netfabb for vertical cuts like the ones you've described. http://www.netfabb.com/downloadcenter.php?basic=1

Here's a 3 page pdf on how to cut with netfabb: http://3dprintingsystems.com/download/C ... etfabb.pdf

Thanks for the netfabb cutting link!
ProCoPrint3D

Netfabb I have but if I had anything to do with other programs is not enough to my desktop place ;)

Unfortunately still I do not have a solution for model vase and it is a serious problem because I can not start printing.
DarthRevan

ProCoPrint3D wrote:Netfabb I have but if I had anything to do with other programs is not enough to my desktop place ;)

Unfortunately still I do not have a solution for model vase and it is a serious problem because I can not start printing.
It's titled single perimeter outline mode. Thus it prints a single perimeter. If you would like thicker walls, print the same model with 0 infill and vase mode off. If you still want to use vase mode, you could increase your extrusion width to be the width of two perimeters... I'd definitely take that first option myself, as increasing extrusion width can be difficult to judge how much is acceptable.
ProCoPrint3D

I did gave 0% fill, increasing the width does not make sense because then it can cause outflow filament and ugly finishing
jimc

The idea of vase mode is to have one continuous strand of filament frm the bottm to the top with no retractions starts or stops. you cant do that if you have 2 perimeters. You never used to be able to use vase mode with 2 perimeters.
ProCoPrint3D

jimc wrote:The idea of vase mode is to have one continuous strand of filament frm the bottm to the top with no retractions starts or stops. you cant do that if you have 2 perimeters. You never used to be able to use vase mode with 2 perimeters.
What do you mean?
But in an earlier version that were so, the program switch off retraction and lifting and did a vase of up to 3 perimeters, worked perfectly
Make a vase height of 60 cm and a diameter of 40 cm with one wall and try to break away from the table without damage, and you will master. Another issue is making a vase with a sloping wall 45 degrees, may also be preferable to try to one wall. As you have several walls it stick, but with one wall is like toilet paper
I am for the restoration of this function for people who are not printed every day.
I know how to do it but if others know?
jimc

vase mode was first released in v2.0 and since then it has never done multiple perimeters. it has always been one single perimeter. it starts extruding at the bottom and does a single corkscrew of filament until it gets to the top. you cant do that with multiple perimeters. if you were doing that prior then you broke the vase mode default settings and it wasnt actually printing in vase mode
tri-lite

jimc wrote:vase mode was first released in v2.0 and since then it has never done multiple perimeters. it has always been one single perimeter. it starts extruding at the bottom and does a single corkscrew of filament until it gets to the top. you cant do that with multiple perimeters. if you were doing that prior then you broke the vase mode default settings and it wasnt actually printing in vase mode
I agree with JimC.
Vase mode has always been a single outline, continuous stream of filament. You may have used a different setting to create a model with three perimeter walls, but it would not have been vase mode.

Return to “Feature Requests”