joro23

Re: Feature Request: Dynamic Extrusion Width/Gap Fill

Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:21 am

Hi. +1 for me
Yesterday I try to print a very small part with a flexible material.
Seperate task - NO...I have that not in INCHES...No No :oops: (Please give us a chance to disable that stupid hint....)

It was not able to generate a working G-Code for that.
Only chance for me to slice it with SLIC3R (1.2.7) ...that works fine.

JoRo

kresty

Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:35 am

Looks like they added that for 4.0 - but I'm not sure how to tell if it's enabled or not.

Hank2501

Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:03 am

It's enabled!

I'was trying to print a grid inside a circle.
With 4.0 I stopped the print right after it starts.
Because at the crossing section of the grid and the circle are lots of mini gaps and SD3 was trying to fill this mini gaps.
Drip by drip. Very slow! I mean, SLOW! You can't even see any action.
After I switched to S3D 3.1.1 to print, it runs perfect like every time in the past.
In that case the mini gaps don't bother me.

(Yes, it is partly the fault of my design. But I don't want to pay attention at the designing process, because of the slicer. And with S3D 3.1.1 it works like expected.)

I guess, it's a great feature, if you can switch it on or off. ;)
Can we? :shock:
And how?

I'm pleased for every hint. 8-)

[Edit]
It seems I do have that problem only when I use Extruder No. 2
So it's a different problem. Nothing to do withe the Gap-Fill.

CompoundCarl

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:18 am

Just to add my findings here, it seems that v4 has added this variable gap fill and it's working really well from my tests! I've been doing a lot of testing and printing with it over the last day, so I made a long post about my finding at the link below in case it helps others.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3471&start=110#p33950

The variable fill has been printing really well on my models and it's going to be great to use this instead of the old gap fill method :D

PS - read the link above for more info, but keep in mind you do have to enable this option on the Advanced tab by setting the "Internal thin wall type" to "allow single extrusion fill".

S3D-Jason

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:40 am

We are happy to announce that this feature has now been added in Version 4.0! As mentioned above, to enable the new functionality, click "Edit Process Settings", go to the Advanced tab, and change the Internal thin wall mode to "allow single extrusion fill".

We appreciate all of the great feedback and suggestions on this feature, so we hope you enjoy the new functionality!

Return to “Feature Requests”