jonah1978

Auto backup of FFF profiles

Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:46 am

Hello,

It would be great if we could have a way for the FFF profiles to backup automatically to a specified location. When there are lots of profiles it is very tedious to export them all every-time you make a few changes.

Thank you

ditesch

Re: Auto backup of FFF profiles

Sun May 06, 2018 1:21 pm

I agree backup should be made easier ... actually there is description how to backup by S3D anyway

jonah1978

Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:22 am

No one else thinks this would be a good feature?

ryaske

Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:22 pm

I do think this is a greta idea.

I am constantly saving an FFF proflie once I arrive at settings that worked well for my print. This allows me to revert back to those settings even if I have since changed the process for printing another thing. What is annoying about this procedure for me is that hte file> save window seems to have a "last path" memory that is not consistent--- in other words when I save a gcode, I have ot browse to the correct directory first. Then when saving FFF, I have to re-browse to that same correct directory. If I neglect to do this, I accidentally save gcode or FFF in the folder of the other thing I printed. It would be great if I only had to browse to the new folder ONCE and it carried across all simplify3d save operations

Not sure if that makes sense but I would LOVE not having to save an FFF in the first place, It would save me a dozen clicks every time I print something

dm2pf

Re: Cloud Profile Sync

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:13 am

Are there any updates from S3D on this topic?

Automatic Export to / import from a certain location (on start / stop of the software) would come in very handy and should be easy to implement.

Return to “Feature Requests”