jamigas

add hilbert curve

Please consider adding the hilbert curve as an option for external fill pattern. When printing with a notoriously warping plastic like ABS delineating the base layers can really combat the part from peeling off during a print. Other slicers like Repetier-Host already offer the hilbert curve option for this reason.
KeyboardWarrior

Re: add hilbert curve

I sliced a cube in Repetier and loaded it in the Gcode previewer. This is using the hilbert function for the exterior infill pattern. I think having all the empty space allows the filament to contract uniformly, whereas with rectilinear it would contract more-so in the Z-axis (warping off the bed).
Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 1.53.39 PM.png
KC_703

Interesting... never thought about using the space to help with warping. I've always thought it was the upper layers contracting which pulls the print off the bed.

To generate extra space on the first layer, maybe a higher first layer width... unless they fixed in 3.0.2...
colbyparsons

+1 on adding a Hillbert Curve option for infill and top and bottom layers. I am hoping for several new infill options on the next update, but that one is probably the most important to me.
tom_allen

I know this thread is quite old but please could Hilbert Curve be added to External Infill options. This external infill is perfect for something I am working on at the moment. It is available in Prusa Slicer but they don't give the option of custom supports which is a feature of S3D I find most useful
michaelsloan

I would love to see this type of infill in the future as well if it is possible:P
S3D-Jake

Thanks for the great suggestion! I'm sure many users would benefit from hilbert curve infill typing. I've documented your request for review by our developers.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”