mzpx

Re: Material Catalogs

Hi,

I've been studying the possibilities in S3D to maintain the setting for different materials, layer heights, speeds, etc.

I think this is the part of S3D needs the more improvements !!!

I know this is not an easy thing. A lot of different requirements have to be considered...but, I paid a lot for this very good quality slicer and I'd like to use it. Not just suffering the pain when I have to create a group of setting for a new filament.

Please, provide a much more practical and clear surface to maintain the settings ASAP. The actual one is only "pain in the ass" type :(

I guess it would be one solution to provide a kind of well defined and DOCUMENTED plug-in mechanism to access printing settings/configuration.

I've been thinking of writing some kind of data management extension to make my life easier, but the actual way (import/export XML) is not usable easily. There are too many problems with it.

One more idea :)
It would be nice to have some version trackink mechanism to see what variables were changed.

Thanks!
jwilbourne

I also think that this would be great.
mpentenr

+1
ajo518

Agreed. This feature is a must!

Perhaps I should write something with a gui to make xml files that can then be imported... Not perfect but perhaps a stop gap measure?
simplifyba

I am here as a brand new user to say that I fully expected to do an interwebs search and find a library of S3D filament profiles like the ones that come in Cura by default. T-Glase, nGen, Taulman Bridge, all that.

I will continue to search but in the meantime, here is my +1 for this feature and an OOTB set of Today's Hottest Brands™. :)
joenetking

+1 it would be useful to separate settings specific to materials to share across printers.
S3D-Jake

Thanks for all of the interest and great ideas for implementing specific material profiles into Simplify3D. I've documented this feedback for our development team and will continue to monitor this thread for additional suggestions.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
BrianJordan9IAO

I have found this thread, how refreshing to find that I am not alone in my frustration with this area of S3D. This really needs, at the very minimum, proper comprehensive documentation but what it really needs is a complete re-write.

Return to “Feature Requests”