mnemo80

Update?

Hello there,
could be intresting to know when we are going to have a new update!
So many request of improvements in the forum by users, and alot of very good ideas, but the last update is of July, and if i look around all the free slicers had already new importants features.
Strange to have nothing of new in 6 months for a not very cheap software and to let us to wait so long for some improvements.
claytonc2001

Re: Update?

Admin? Anyone? Is this thing on? JK. It gets scary when no one from Simplify3D chimes in though.
CompoundCarl

They had several updates in the last few months of last year. Pretty sure there was one in September and October. So that probably means they are working on another big update now. Those usually have more time in between each one (which makes sense, since there's usually more features).

Anyways, if you want to talk to the employees about it, you can always email them (https://www.simplify3d.com/contact-us/). This is just a user forum, so you have to email them if you want to talk to them directly.
mnemo80

The 3.0 is of June. I'm at 3.0.2 Now i don't know if they made new updates, but if i check the software by "check for Updates" it say is already updated.
jeevesme@hotmail.com

Asking via email was unproductive. ..... Not even an estimate was given.
scalci

I Asked the same and no reply....

I am not sure anyone is reading thise posts or even the emails one send to them.... It is a bit frustrating not to get feadback....

I am also on 3.0.2
NitroXpress

+1

Is Simplify still alive ?
wfcook

Guys, you're never going to get a software developer to give you an estimate of when the next big update is coming - it's likely they don't know themselves. And you're not going to get them to spill the beans about new features before the release, because it can only hurt current sales and tip off the competition.
arobg

Count me in for also expecting some sort of communication or feedback that Simplify3D is an actively developed product.
grindeddown

wfcook wrote:Guys, you're never going to get a software developer to give you an estimate of when the next big update is coming - it's likely they don't know themselves. And you're not going to get them to spill the beans about new features before the release, because it can only hurt current sales and tip off the competition.

Yeah, but to be fair the other guys bring up a pretty good point. There are a lot of slicers and software out there that has far more regular updates that are either free or much less than this software. The customers here have paid a reasonable amount for the software and I would say that it isn't unreasonable to at least hear feedback from the developer as to what to expect.

I know from other communities that at least admins/developers will chime in and say whether features are on schedule, about how long before new updates are pushed out, and then some.

It does seem a little bizarre that is has been as long as it has and to have not heard virtually anything from them...

Return to “Feature Requests”