Zorgonaute84

Re: New printer : BCN3D Sigma

Hi Enigma,

Happy to heard your feedback on my profil.

To be honest, I don't use much Simplify3D because S3D is too buggy with dual extrusion process.

Regarding your feedback, I havn't used the BCN3D profile, because BCN3D didn't share their S3D profiles yet. But, it's true I used their start script from Cura in my profile.

About the overlap, I didn't noticed any issue with 15%. Are you sure to set the extrusion multiplier to x1 ? By default in S3D they recomend 0.9 for PLA. 0.9 could cause underextrusion and explained the issue you mentioned.

About your troubles in corners, I had this kind of issues with my first BCN3D Sigma. With my reseller we can't find the solution, and my sigma was changed. After that, all was perfect. And now I have a regular extrusion all over the plate.

I check only retract when crossing open space, because S3D generate too much useless retraction. This option is a good was to reduce them. But this option isn't compatible with dual extrusion process. When this option is check with dual extrusion, there is no retraction between the prime pillar and the part.

Regarding the coast, I havn't any under extrusion issue

With single extrusion I have a very good result, better than Cura. But not with dual extrusion because of all the bugs.

Could you share your profile files ? I really enjoy to try it.

Thanks.

In my case my profile have changed since the last upload. So you can find attached my new one.
Attachments
BCN3D Sigma (Dual Color).fff
(15.73 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
BCN3D Sigma (Right Extruder).fff
(10.19 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
BCN3D Sigma (Left Extruder).fff
(10.19 KiB) Downloaded 362 times
Zorgonaute84

My others profiles dedicated to used support.
Attachments
BCN3D Sigma (Support Soluble).fff
(12.41 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
BCN3D Sigma (Support PolySupport).fff
(13.13 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
flyco

mr_cg wrote:
Zorgonaute84 wrote:I hadthe exact same result with the provided PLA.
Where did you buy your new PLA ?
Search for "dasfilament". It's a german manufacturer. Good quality and really cheap.

Any idea how to improve code for IDEX printing?
The "waste" from oozing while other extruder is printing causes most of the issues.
The rubber is not cleaning the noozle reliable.
Following this advice, I tried Das Filament with my Sigma and found that it doesn't print reliably - it runs smoothly for about an hour, then clogs up the hot end, eventually causing filament transport to slip. Did you have this issue? Did you use the 0.4 or the 0.6 hotend?

I don't have this problem with the ColorFabb filament, which runs fine through my sigma.
I own a BCN3D Sigma.
razster

Looks like there's a new sigma profile in version 3.1
Piko

flyco wrote:
mr_cg wrote:
Zorgonaute84 wrote:I hadthe exact same result with the provided PLA.
Where did you buy your new PLA ?
Search for "dasfilament". It's a german manufacturer. Good quality and really cheap.

Any idea how to improve code for IDEX printing?
The "waste" from oozing while other extruder is printing causes most of the issues.
The rubber is not cleaning the noozle reliable.
Following this advice, I tried Das Filament with my Sigma and found that it doesn't print reliably - it runs smoothly for about an hour, then clogs up the hot end, eventually causing filament transport to slip. Did you have this issue? Did you use the 0.4 or the 0.6 hotend?

I don't have this problem with the ColorFabb filament, which runs fine through my sigma.
Hi,

Have you checked the extruder motor temp? If the material needs too much power to go through the nozzle and to be extruded, the stepper is probably too hot and the heat goes to the filament itself.

I like to use this kind of heatsink in the stepppers:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nema17-Size-S ... 1826112373
mr_cg

razster wrote:Looks like there's a new sigma profile in version 3.1
I have shortly tested the new profiles from v3.1 for the Sigma.

It's a shame .... in the profile there are so many "bugs" .... incredible.

Auto Configure for extruders is wrong setup ... you select "only left" => but right extruder will be selected
Extrusion multiplier completely different to the default value from BCN3D Cura
Only PVA left preconfigured, PVA right not available.
"Allow zeroing of extrusion distances" is on => I had massive problems with this option, should be deactivated based on my experience
Selection of correct extruder for Infill/Support not correct ... or subject title (left/right) not correct.

I really have doubt that this profile have been properly tested.
Velleman K8200 / BCN3D Sigma
mr_cg

flyco wrote:
mr_cg wrote:
Zorgonaute84 wrote: Following this advice, I tried Das Filament with my Sigma and found that it doesn't print reliably - it runs smoothly for about an hour, then clogs up the hot end, eventually causing filament transport to slip. Did you have this issue? Did you use the 0.4 or the 0.6 hotend?
Filament for Sigma and Thermal Paste modification

@ flyco: I was too early with my advice for this filament. It was based on small prints e.g. 3dbenchy and ultimaker-robot. For larger prints i have realized exactly the same issue than you. After some time the extruder gets clogged. I have tried everything (all possible gcode settings, filament wheel, oil bowden, thermal past on the extruder, ...) but without success. I am sorry for the bad recommendation.

BUT .... due to the thermal paste modification on the extruder i can print Colorfila filament now easily with 180-190° (before min. 230°). This is dramatically improving the oozing issue i had with Colorfila. For the time beeing i recommend every Sigma user to do the thermal paste "mod" and use the filament from Colorfila. From BCN3D sigma forum i have read that after thermal paste modification the Colorfabb filament is extruding excellent.

Dual print experience with v3.1 Sigma Profile

Has anybody also used the Sigma profile shipped with S3D v3.1? Unfortunately i realize lot of failed prints.
This seems to come from the Zero extruded lenth command "G92 E0" used in the S3D options under GCode-Tab and in some of the scripts.
This command causes suddenly huge amount of filament retraction.
Does any body else realize the same issue ???
denisvic

@mr_cg Can you tell us more about thermal paste modification. I can't find it in this thread.
I have same issue than you with S3D 3.1 profile.
mr_cg

denisvic wrote:@mr_cg Can you tell us more about thermal paste modification. I can't find it in this thread.
I have same issue than you with S3D 3.1 profile.
Look here:
https://www.bcn3dtechnologies.com/en/fo ... #post-8607

Which issue exactly can you confirm with the 3.1 profile???
jamesballa

denisvic wrote:Talking about Sigma noise, I would ask you about specific noise of Y axis.

My first Sigma printer was noisy, but after some hours of print, I could hear a special "clicking noise" from Y axis on some specific positions. The problem was getting worst print after print. I decided to bring my printer back to factory. BCN3D changed mechanical parts (pulleys and bearings). After this repair, my machine was quieter without this special noise. Fantastic...

... but not for a long time : after 10 hours of print, this "click" sound has came back. BCN3D decided to change my printer for a brand new one. And now just out of box of my second Sigma, problem occurs from start. The crazy clicking noise.

Here's a video of the problem :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azQ1ui_xhMc

I guess that problem will be worst print after print like my first printer. BCN3D service is fantastic, but the problem is still here. Printer si inside my house and my family started to hate my night prints with this permanent clicking noise.

Some of you encountered this problem ?
Hey mate, re the above, I've done about 20 - 30 prints on my sigma and it's started doing an identical clicking sound. Did you get to the bottom of this and what it is ?

Return to “Feature Requests”