jemarvin

Alternate Middle mouse button reset

One of the things I hate about using new 3D software is all of the controls are always different. I'm a long time user of SOLIDWORKS (18 years) and usually try to modify settings to match SOLIDWORKS as much as possible. I'm pretty close in Simplyf3D. I would request the Middle mouse button reset would require a double click (on the middle mouse wheel). Changing Rotate view to Middle button, and Pan View to Alt + Middle Button gets me most of the way there. Misreading those clicks when trying to rotate or pan also causes a view reset. I would also suggest a slight name change. In Cad we would call this a Zoom All or Zoom fit.
Drafting AZ

Re: Alternate Middle mouse button reset

I as well am a long time SOLDWORKS user and would like the double click of the middle mouse button be the isometric reset.
Currently I have:
'Middle Mouse button resets view' turned off
'Rotate View' set to Middle Button
'Pan View' set to Right Button

It would be nice to get the double click of the middle to be iso metric reset.
3DPaulie

I'm a new user of Simplify3D and the first thing I noticed upon using this software is the annoying Reset of the display when middle mouse button is clicked.
Is there any chance the single click will be changed to a double click? I am surprised that after 4 years this request has still not been implemented. If a double click is not possible, at least add the option to disable Reset on middle click.

Thanks.
Techie1961

I also would like to see the mouse buttons being customizable. I have spent many years in AutoCAD and other CAD programs and the middle button reset is annoying but also the assignment is difficult to adapt to when you are back and forth with applications especially 3D apps. Let us pick how it will function.

Return to “Feature Requests”