shocksofmighty

Re: Sequential printing for multiple objects

It would also be useful in the model selection window to allow selection by object groups. This should really be a pretty straightforward thing to do. A tick box to select all members of a group, or the ability to select individual objects from a group.
DotScott1

I just requested this same thing not knowing that this request was already here. But seeing how old it is... I assume they are not planning on adding it. That's a shame. Welp, all I can do is +1 it I guess then. Really hope they implement this feature. It would be invaluable to me, as I literally spend hours just creating dozens of process for each. and every. single. object. It kills my workflow.
3DL

+1. The current workflow is insane
dw788

I'm wondering if you include skirts, and adjust 'Skirt Offset from Part' setting to that of your 'head' clearance?

Noobie here - given the small 'Max height clearance' on my Tornado, I've been setting this value very high and laying out objects on a diagonal. (I think this should work) Even still I missed the spacing and crashed hot end assembly into the first object. Found this thread seeing if anyone had calculated the clearance on my model.

Hopefully this workaround won't affect business priority new feature implementation. (SQA -> PO, users have spoken :ugeek: )
airscapes

got 13 parts and 10 process set up, went to save tool path and it crashed.. Please make sequential print an option with just one process..
S3D-Jake

A few of these suggestions have long since been implemented. There are many other great suggestions here and we're certainly happy to be getting your feedback on this topic.
zylantha wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:39 am ....I am baffled by how you configure a sequential objects print job in Simplify3D ... it seems anything but simple. Multiple objects get dumped one on top of the other (which is pretty useless - why not "Center and Arrange" every time new objects are added?
Automatically center and arrange on import has been implemented.
zylantha wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:39 am...I'm prompted to specifically enable sequential printing every time I go to print - and even then I have to manually enter the print head clearance every time - and it starts from 0.0, rather than being a static configurable parameter for my printer (seriously? who needs to change this for every print job?).
These settings are now remembered between prints.
lutorm wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:49 pm ...it appears that if you have multiple processes per object, it's not even possible to print sequentially across the process change. It appears it will order the processes by z-height before applying the sequential printing clearance height, ie if I have:

Object 1: Process 1 from z=0 to z=1, Process 2 from z=1 to z=2.
Object 2: Process 3 from z=0 to z=1, Process 4 from z=1 to z=2.

If you attempt to print this sequentially, it appears it will ALWAYS print the processes in order 1324, even if the clearance height is >2. Arguably, the order should be to go down the process list until the clearance height is hit, not order by z-start and then process list.
As S3D-Jason said, This now works as lutorm suggested.
PowerScissor wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:07 pm ...There 100% should be an option to print all 1st layers, and then move to sequential printing...as the last model of 12 didn't stick to the bed properly so I had to cancel the print or else it would just shoot spaghetti all over for the rest of that model...so I wasted printing 4mm of 11 models. The 1st layer should print so you can verify they all took...then start printing sequentially. This would save a lot of frustration.
You can accomplish this with a single process for the first layer of all your models placed prior to the other processes. Set this process to stop at the interval of your layer height, and each part within that process should get printed continuously up to that stop height.
kkesler wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:48 pm ....no helpful print order tools make using Simplify3D a huge waste of time for this type of print....
As rrdavis said, you can now drag and drop the order of your processes and they will print in that order.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”