mr_cg

Model rotation via mouse for all axis and snap per 5°

I have started to use S3D. It's really powerful tool but i really miss some basic features from Cura.

1. I would like to have model rotation feature for all axis, not only z-axis.
2. The movement should snap every 5° if mouse is moved outside of the circle. Inside could be raw.
3. Movement should be shown with digital number.

Quite simple feature but really missing.
;-)
Velleman K8200 / BCN3D Sigma
CompoundCarl

Re: Model rotation via mouse for all axis and snap per 5°

You can double-click on the part to enter exact numeric values for rotations (i.e. rotate around Y axis by 57 degrees). So that's how you see the exact rotation angles.

If you want to rotate using the mouse around Y and Z, then go to Tools > Options, and enable the "always show full 3D transform gizmo" option.

These things are both explained in more detail below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5rLVYpeoXU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moMR90DmzD4
mr_cg

Thanks for the hint.

Open feature request is .... snap the rotation every 15° (or 5°).
In most of the cases the user want to rotate the object by 90° or 180° and therefore the snap mechanism would be very helpful.
Look how it is done at Cura. ;-)

Even better would be to have snap mechnism when moving the mouse outside of the circle and have snap-less rotation when moving the mouse inside the circle.
Velleman K8200 / BCN3D Sigma
aaronbarker

+1 to the snap points and showing the rotation number. I hate that I have to open the console to do a 90deg rotation, can't just do it with the mouse because it won't snap.
Even better would be to have snap mechnism when moving the mouse outside of the circle and have snap-less rotation when moving the mouse inside the circle.
This would be great, although I would reverse it. Snap when inside the circle since you don't need precision for snaps and snap-less outside the circle where you likely want more precision and can be more precise with the bigger circle.
Z-Axis3D

+1 for 5 or 15 degree snaps when rotating with the mouse
laborda

+1 for snap for gizmo.
zirho6

+1 I can not believe how inconvenience this is.
joergen

we are now in the end of 2020, and almost any piece of software that rotates something has a "snap to" feature when holding down shift.

when can we see this feature (i would suggest 15deg snap to) implemented in this software? (since this is paid software, and not freeware, I think this is a reasonable thing to include)

Return to “Feature Requests”