pedroamfarias

Re: Print infills before perimeters

Hi! +1 for this!!!

It`s really interesting feature. I saw something similar on others free software: but instead of printing all Infill and go to the perimeter, the Sofware did:
1) print one line of infill,
2)print the perimeter,
3)finish the infill except for this already printed line.

I saw that on simplify3D my Benchy has blobs. With this other software (Could I say the name? hehehe) It does that and my Benchy doesn`t have any Blobs!

It`s really amazing feature. Prevent the blobs just because it "clean up" the nozzle inside infill :D :D

Please Simplify3D developers. It`s a really nice feature that has a direct impact on the surface.
davedelay

I was just looking for this switch/option too. My usage was to in essence spiral print one layer for entire build plate. I do this after i put on new kapton tape for increased adhesion, in my estimation. My work around was to print with 176 perimeters so that it would spiral out but then it still has to infill a tiny strip in the middle/center in the end.
+1 on this request.
dkightley

My work around was to print with 176 perimeters so that it would spiral out but then it still has to infill a tiny strip in the middle/center in the end.
Or alternatively you could have used the existing "concentric" external infill pattern!

And to reiterate what has already been stated on a previous post, the "Inside out" perimeter function achieves the same results as printing infill before the perimeters like another slicer is reported to do!

Why is everyone so keen to turn S3D into another slicer? If it's so important, why not use that slicer instead of S3D! I would prefer the developers spend time adding features that other slicers do not have that result in superior prints....not to copy them!
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
Nepherael

dkightley wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:13 pm
My work around was to print with 176 perimeters so that it would spiral out but then it still has to infill a tiny strip in the middle/center in the end.
Or alternatively you could have used the existing "concentric" external infill pattern!

And to reiterate what has already been stated on a previous post, the "Inside out" perimeter function achieves the same results as printing infill before the perimeters like another slicer is reported to do!

Why is everyone so keen to turn S3D into another slicer? If it's so important, why not use that slicer instead of S3D! I would prefer the developers spend time adding features that other slicers do not have that result in superior prints....not to copy them!

I think that is quite misguided. Of course it is important for one of the only paid solutions, and usually the best slicing solution, to have all of the functionality of the free solutions.... Why would anyone not want the software that actually costs money to include all options available in the current market?

To add to this thread, because yes this is a very important feature, I'd like to share another very important reason for this feature to be added.

FLEXIBLE FILAMENTS - Yes they're wonderful. Yes we can dial in the settings. Guess what? When you try to print 2 pieces at once you get the most horrible stringing between the parts. Flexible filaments are basically required to be run with little to no retraction, there's too much oozing to correctly dial in the coasting, and wiping the nozzle is a perfect solution. Unfortunately wiping the nozzle on the outermost perimeter ONLY is the most desirable option because of the added time to wipe with the amount of ooze possible with these flexible filaments. I've seen 8mm of filament string out of my extruder nozzle in a very short period of time. Adding 8mm of wipe at the end of each loop, especially on small parts, will have a huge effect on time if we can't also limit it to the outermost perimeter AND force the outermost perimeter to be printed last.

There is an option in advanced for "only wipe on outermost perimeter" and we cannot use that option in this context unless we also have the option the print infill first. It is just such a rudimentary setting. It goes together so well with other settings available. Say I want to completely print something from the inside out using multiple retract, wipe, and coast settings; Without the option to print infill first we lose a lot of the usefulness of settings like, "only wipe on outermost perimeter", "force retract between layers", "only retract when crossing open spaces", printing outline inside-outside or outside-inside, etc. Many of these options and others already contained in the software could be used to even greater effect if we can also control when that outermost perimeter is printed.

I was hoping adding a post about flexible filaments on top of the dual extrusion issues would make the devs take some notice. We shall see....

Please add this function, please please.

Edited: My understanding of the wipe function changed so I changed my post to reflect that
pcmarcon

Print Infill then Outline

Hi,
Is it possible to print Infill first and then the Outlines?
This would be great to finish purge previous color on dual extrusion...
rhidgbak

I vote for this feature too!

The difference in results on my printer is astounding. Cura has ZERO blobs when printing the infill first.

Return to “Feature Requests”