maker2

start point - relative to model

Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:55 am

Manually setting a start point is great for placing seams "out of sight".

But what happens if you want to print multiple copies of that model?

It would be great if there were a solution to that!

;)

zemlin

Re: start point - relative to model

Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:12 am

I set my start point based on X and Y coordinates off the plate.
My M2 has a 250 span on the Y axis, so if I want all my 'parting lines' to be at 9:00 on the parts I set the start point at -9999, 125.
10 meters out on the X-Axis makes it essentially identical on all parts on the build platform.

armsofilum

Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:09 am

I'm going to bump this up because I think it is an underappreciated request that could save people quite a lot of time.

I've recently come to S3D after being a Cura user for over 2 years and one of the features I miss from that application is the ability to set the Z-seam relative to each model. The suggestion by zemlin is a good one, but it doesn't help with complex models where the seam can be hidden in a less visible, inner portion of the piece.

This, and the ability to prioritize corners (either convex or concave), would vastly enhance what is already a great application and would give users much finer control over the seam placement without forcing separate processes for every piece on the build plate.

S3D-Jake

Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:12 pm

armsofilum wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:09 am
I'm going to bump this up because I think it is an underappreciated request that could save people quite a lot of time.

I've recently come to S3D after being a Cura user for over 2 years and one of the features I miss from that application is the ability to set the Z-seam relative to each model. The suggestion by zemlin is a good one, but it doesn't help with complex models where the seam can be hidden in a less visible, inner portion of the piece.

This, and the ability to prioritize corners (either convex or concave), would vastly enhance what is already a great application and would give users much finer control over the seam placement without forcing separate processes for every piece on the build plate.
This is quite an old thread, but I appreciate your added feedback. I'll track this thread to gauge additional user interest!
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

tonyno

Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:30 pm

Necro! I have often wanted to pick a point on a/each model versus a bed location.

Return to “Feature Requests”