InoTek3D

Airwolf AXIOM Dual Extruder Support

I'm starting with a new AXIOM Dual printer and wanted to use Simplify3D but it doesn't appear to be supported yet. It's been out for a while now, I'm surprised it's not in the list of printers. Could you please get something for it soon?
andrewk72

Re: Airwolf AXIOM Dual Extruder Support

Why don't you email airwolf and ask them? I've talked with other printer manufacturers before that got support added for their printer right away once they reached out and worked with the S3D guys. But if the manufacturers don't want support to be added or aren't cooperating, then it isn't gonna happen. Either way, I would bug airwolf about it. That will make it happen much quicker.
InoTek3D

This was the first thing I did. They said they couldn't get this software to work good with their printer so they went back to Cura.

Very disappointing.
dorsai3d

Friend of mine has an AXIOM Dual and if they think they've gotten it working well with Cura, they need to share whatever they're smoking. My 2012 Solidoodle 2 printed ABS better than that thing...

In all seriousness, though - it takes gcode, ask Simplify3D support if they can provide a profile for you.
ColoRich

Did anyone ever get the S3D profile for the AXIOM Dual?
rmayfield

I haven't been able to get a setup guide from Airwolf. Their tech support gave me the same line about "it doesn't work well, use Apex." Unfortunately, AirWolf's software isn't very mature and causes a lot of issues with our prints and with our computers. I constantly cycle between Apex, MatterControl, the Wolfbox, and Cura. Each has its pros and cons. I landed on Simplify 3D because it is reliable, stable, and mature. Once it's setup for the Axiom Dual I'm sure it will be far superior to all the free options.

I ran off one print with Simplify 3D and I'm working on getting a profile setup. The last issue I have to solve has something to do with bed size or an offset somewhere as my prints are off-center. The dual part seems to work fine.

When I fix that last issue, I'll post the profile I use on my Axiom Dual. Maybe I can get it setup on git so it can be maintained.
Fsuri

Wondering how you were able to use duals ..
Are you using dual for support ?
Can you post the profile in current state .. it will be a big help
Thx
rmayfield

InoTek3D wrote:This was the first thing I did. They said they couldn't get this software to work good with their printer so they went back to Cura.

Very disappointing.
I got the same line from Airwolf. Frankly, those guys aren't very good with software.

Here's the FFF I'm developing for the AxiomDual...use at your own risk and stuff, I can only do so much by myself. I'm focused primarily on ABS. I'll update the git page as I add features.

https://github.com/noctividus/Simplify3DAxiomDual
InoTek3D

Ya, I got the same reply from Airwolf also. I recently wanted to test the new Cura and asked them for some help with the v starting script for it. They used to try to push Cura down everyone's throat, but now that they have their horrible Apex software, they won't help with Cura any more. I highly recommend people stay away from any Airwolf products! I used to think they were one of the best 3d printer companies or there, but that has changed drastically.
I have come up with a pretty good script for my axiom dual on Simplify3d. It uses soluble support and ABS. I can put it on her for others to test if it would still be beneficial to someone.
NNsort

If you could post that script, that would be great. I am currently looking for a solution right now. APEX doesn't seem to have an option to even print supports with the second nozzle.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”