TMeyer

Re: Please add brim for support

Hi guys,

I really appreciate your lots of +1 and the great support and feedback.

But there is (again and again) no reaction from S3D team - I really wonder if they are working on an update and inlclude this feature.

Why there is no statement from S3D team at all? Neither on this thread nor on a general statement if they further develop S3D - This behaviour I have never seen on any other company I am aware of.

Shame on S3D team that they leave their users out in the rain :-(
dkightley

Why there is no statement from S3D team at all? Neither on this thread nor on a general statement if they further develop S3D - This behaviour I have never seen on any other company I am aware of.

Shame on S3D team that they leave their users out in the rain
Why not read the forum....your wish is their command
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7324
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
TMeyer

@dkightley: I don't know why it is a problem for S3D to keep the user better informed what features they are working on - there are good tools available to track those things and keep the user informed!

I am constantly singing (thanks to Sidney Youngblood): All we can do is sit and wait - all we can do is just sit and wait... :-(
ahmadpi

Custom brim would be great:
Option 1: Brim + circle around corner
Option 2: Brim + bridges to the part for easier cleanup
S3D-Jason

We are happy to announce that this feature has now been implemented in Version 4.0! The brim will now wrap around the edges of your support structures to help the supports stay anchored to the bed. We have also added an option the print the base layers of your support structures with 100% fill, which will further help the supports stay anchored to the bed. To enable this option, click "Edit Process Settings", go the Supports tab, and set the number of Support Base Layers to a positive value (usually, only 1 or 2 solid base layers are needed).

We have been running lots of prints using these new features and they make a big difference in helping the supports stay attached to the bed for a successful print!

Return to “Feature Requests”