lasersharkdesign

Suppress M105 spamming?

Is there a way to turn off the M105 spamming in the Communication tab? I'm trying to read debug messages, but the software is spamming M105 every 2 seconds, and the scroll jumps back to the bottom each time, making reading the scrollback impossible. I didn't see anything in the options/settings?
CompoundCarl

Re: Suppress M105 spamming?

If you uncheck the verbose checkbox, the it doesn't display the M105s and ok's and a bunch of that stuff. It only displays the important commands that the firmware sends such as errors or warnings
LVNeptune

Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C if you don't want to disable functions of logging.
doug_scott

I know this is an old post, but it is still relevant. It would be very helpful if we had a simple list of commands that we don't want when selecting verbose. I agree with the original poster regarding how intrusive that M105 command is. If you are not quick, the "ctrl a" select all command will become de-selected before you manage to "ctrl c" it. You also end up with a lot more detail than you need.

It cannot be that difficult to program in an ignore command list, and include ignore "busy processing" as well. Currently i am trying to get my printer setup after moving to a 32 bit board. I am no where near experienced enough, so I need the verbose enabled because apparently G29 happens to be a command that needs verbose to be able to see the output.. I suppose I could just use another app that doesn't flood the log screen, but I would rather become competent with one app instead of barely competent with two apps.

Return to “Feature Requests”