krosnyak

Re: More intelligent options for the prime pillar

Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:49 pm

I believe that the tool path should be forced to ENTER the print area through the PRIME PILLAR.
I have noticed that in some prints the tool runs over parts of the actual print before it reaches the PRIME PILLAR leaving bits of oozed material on the print affecting print quality!

(This behavior seems to be affected by the "avoid crossing open spaces" feature, a higher number on this feature may be forcing the tool to go to the nearest point on the print BEFORE it heads towards the PRIME PILLAR).

hes_delft

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:38 am

At the moment the prime pillar settings are equal for all tools. My problem is that I get over extrusion (a blob) on the prime pillar of my right head (PLA) and under extrusion on the pillar of my left head (PVA). Often this results in the print head knocking over the prime pillar resulting in a failed print.

Giving control over the settings of the individual heads would solve my problems.

As stated in a different post, giving the prime pillars a separate fill percentage could increase the print speeds a lot, while maintaining its function and stability.

chief_hacker

Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:34 pm

@hes_delft You can reduce the extrusion amount during the prime pillar by entering this command into the post processing on the "Scripts" tab:

{REPLACE "; prime pillar" "M221 S90 ; prime pillar"}
{REPLACE "; inner perimeter" "M221 S100 ; inner perimeter"}
{REPLACE "; support" "M221 S100 ; support"}

The first command reduces the material flow to 90% during the prime pillar and the next two lines set it back to 100% when going to print the part.

jschroeder

Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:13 pm

+vote

I would like to see this feature as well.

Another note, I would suggest making the prime pillar scalable with the size of the print. Taller prints need a larger (wider) tower for stability.

Return to “Feature Requests”