I think here we're looking at more than merely the way in which..and how much...set up information is stored..and theses "stores" managed. There needs to be a total review of the WORKFLOW of the printer and material set up...and the attachment of these settings to individual and groups of models.
Its clear from what users post on the forum that:
- few understand the uses and benefit of Factory files
- many thing a Factory file is a settings (.fff) file
- many also store valuable sets of setting in the software "work area"
- having to knife and fork common settings via a text editor into profiles is at best a pain, at worst "crap"
- few want settings hidden away from their control
The whole way in which S3D "works" regarding workflow needs a total rethink and making so its possible for everyone to understand....and if they understand how it works, they'll use it...and if they use it, they'll find it nice to use...equals happy customers!