sirwejiv

comment between processes for each layer

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:41 am

I would like to make gcode edits to make the printer do things that I normally can't do within Simplify3D. it would help if there were comments between each process being acted on within a layer (or slice) . Each comment might even include layer number and process name being acted on. For example, If I assign a different process to each object on a bed or a different process to each part of a multipart object then I might have different GCode commands for each object/part/process per layer. If layer number was included along with the process name then I could program different codes for each layer of a object/part/process. It might even help if there was a start comment and an end comment for each process of each layer. Comments at the start and end of support or raft or brim prints for each layer will also add fidelity to the gcode editing that I would be able to do. Basically I am asking for a verbose setting of variable degree for the generated GCode.
Verbose 0 might be no custom comments per process per layer
Verbose 1 might be comment for start of a process with process name included
Verbose 2 might be comment for start and end of a process with process name included
Verbose 3 might be comment for start and end of a process with process name and layer number or height included
Verbose 4 might be comment for start and end of a process or support with process name or support/brim/raft indicator and layer number or height included
etc...

Because this will have the potential to make very large files the comments might also be as short as possible:
;CC L:120 MN:LowerJaw PN:LJIncreaseTemp H:115 ST

where
CC - Custom Comment
L - Layer Number
MN - Model Name
PN -Process Name
H - Height (in mm)
ST -Start

Another possibility is to simply have a comments option screen where you choose what comments you want before and after each process in each layer in your gcode.
Having the comments optionally inserted will make search and replace on the gcode much easier and give a means for maximum control of the print.

Return to “Feature Requests”