Edwin

Customize accelerations about S3D in G code

Hello,

I use already relatively long enthusiastically S3D to create my printed parts.
Now however, I was at a point where I reached the limits many things and have iene solution sought to overcome these. I'm building me even very fast, stable and yet precise printer and they have more potential than I can ausutzen only with this Silcer. So I started with settings adjusted the various accelerations in the firmware directly to work in order to obtain better results and it works.

The lower stacking box PLA with 200mm / s printed with S3D geslicsd in vase mode, in 2.5h.
The upper box with adjusted acceleration values, the identical G-code manually accelerated by 12.5% ​​and needed only 5 minutes longer.

I am not a programmer, but my question would be whether it would be possible to adapt on the FF settings of S3D accelerations the model as an additional adjustment. As my results, although the settings are of course complex, but still interesting

Greetings Edwin
CompoundCarl

Re: Customize accelerations about S3D in G code

You can just set the acceleration values in your starting script
Edwin

That's good to know that it works from there .... Thank you..... :P

but I am not a programmer, then what the line as an example?
Edwin

Ich habe es gerade gefunden,...sorry, aber englisch ist nicht meine Muttersprache und immer etwas schwierig für mich..... :lol:
dorsai3d

You can even change acceleration on the fly so that you don't need to print less critical things (like infill) with slow accelerations. Here's my reply copied from another thread:

You can get the acceleration changed for different features if you really want. Just use the firmware commands in conjunction with the REPLACE postprocessing commands. Something like this, but with the acceleration values you want:

{REPLACE "; raft" "M201 X1000 Y1000\n; raft"}
{REPLACE "; skirt" "M201 X1000 Y1000\n; skirt"}
{REPLACE "; infill" "M201 X1000 Y1000\n; infill"}
{REPLACE "; support" "M201 X1000 Y1000\n; support"}
{REPLACE "; gap fill" "M201 X1000 Y1000\n; gap fill"}
{REPLACE "; solid layer" "M201 X1000 Y1000\n; solid layer"}
{REPLACE "; inner perimeter" "M201 X1000 Y1000\n; inner perimeter"}
{REPLACE "; outer perimeter" "M201 X1000 Y1000\n; outer perimeter"}
Edwin

If these messages are then permanently stored in the firmware, or are these then only temporary before?
dorsai3d

They're only temporary, the acceleration settings won't be saved unless you issue the M code to save to EEPROM. Once you reconnect/restart the printer, it will be back to whatever was originally saved in the firmware.
Edwin

Prima ... thank you ...

That makes me the experiments so much easier.
Edwin

Somehow it is not working properly for me.

How must it look like if I just want to change only the general acceleration of X and Y. If I try any other acceleration values are always set to 0 and the printer will then maximum acceleration. For this purpose, it never takes on the acceleration of the X-axis.

Even if I use the template and change only my imagination drives the X-axis always still with the maximum possible acceleration.

I'm not programmers of the meaning and the need of each character understands only the values.
I have it now by trying piece some time to change little and that is still the most functional minimizing variation, but the X-axis is not assumed.

{REPLACE M201 X1000}
{REPLACE M201 Y1000}
{REPLACE M201 Z50}
{REPLACE M201 XYJERK7}
{REPLACE M201 ZJERK5}
{REPLACE M201 TRAVEL_ACCELERATION 1000}
{REPLACE M201 ACCELERATION 1000}
{REPLACE M201 MAX_ACCELERATION X1000}
{REPLACE M201 MAX_ACCELERATION Y1000}
{REPLACE M201 MAX_ACCELERATION Z50}

Since it would be really good if you could vormehmen these things as the other settings easily in the Settings
Edwin

I've now found in another my printer how I can change the basic acceleration values by the script.

This printer is running with an adapted version of me from Marlin Kimbra.

If I are so Enter H there in the script over all values:

M201 X2000 Y2000 Changes the acceleration in print
M204 S1000 Changes the acceleration in travel
M205 X8 Changes the X-Y-Jerk

I have four more printers with another 3 different versions of Marlin and once with Repetier. I must probably still a little test.

Return to “Feature Requests”