s3030150

Dynamic cooling during overhangs

Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:53 am

Hello,

I'd like to see a feature, where cooling activates only when layers start to build a beveled surface (overhang but not a bridge). Something like the "Bridging Fan Override". S3D would detect a slope or overhang and cools the print while printing the slope. After printing this slope fan turns to default value

configurable values:
- start cooling X layers/seconds prior to printing slope
- cooling fan speed during overhang
- delayed stop of cooling after overhang is printed

- maybe this: automatically control fan speed based on overhang angles

for example:
- printing a letter Y: cooling starts only in the second half of printing
- printing letter X: would cause fan speed to be always on

yaksyaksyaks

Re: Dynamic cooling during overhangs

Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:05 pm

YESI need this too. At the moment I have to choose between tidy overhangs and strong layer adhesion, not a happy choice!

I can make a separate process for layers with lots of overhangs, but I have some large prints which are 95% without overhangs but every layer has some overhang, in this case the fan needs to come on just for the part of the layer when the overhang is being printed.

I'd be OK with it not being dynamic, but simply on off, ie if the overhang exceeds x degrees switch to the overhang fan speed. It would also need a setting to turn the fan on just before the nozzle reaches the overhang as the fan take a second or so to spin up.

s3030150

Re: Dynamic cooling during overhangs

Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:38 pm

Yeah they look saying "we have your money, thanks". No major update for more than a year. That i call a reliable vendor.

Return to “Feature Requests”