dorbar

Re: Safe idle temperature for second nozzle printing PVA

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:03 am

This is a so MUST HAVE feature for dual extrusiona, that should be on top of the top priority list.

Falc.be

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:04 am

Still not implemented in 4.1, epic fail

Patrickp

Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:03 pm

If you use any modern version of Marlin, you can set it up to do just that. it will cool a nozzle to a set point temp after a set time point.

S3D-Jake

Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:59 am

Thanks for your feedback, everyone! I'll be monitoring this thread to gauge user interest on behalf of our development team.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Falc.be

Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:17 pm

Patrickp wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:03 pm
If you use any modern version of Marlin, you can set it up to do just that. it will cool a nozzle to a set point temp after a set time point.
the point is that the nozzle needs to be heated back in time when its needed to prevent idle times

besides marlin is on the way out i feel

moyesboy

Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:30 pm

I was looking for something to make PVA useable in the second nozzle, because it generally is not seable for supoort at all with this software. the pva is burned and clogged by the time it becomes time to extrude some... unless oyu have lots of pva support, and a very small cross section of model...
Lowering and upping the temperature will tke too long, it will still burn and clog.
What is needed is a system to extrude some PVA onto some sort of prime post to get rid of the degrading pva.
I tried a prime post, but it is still too infrequent.
This needs to happen not once per layer, but once per use settable unit of time. Even of the layer has some pva in it, there could be so much other material to print that it will burn on the time it takes to print the layer. So whatever happens I want to extrude some PVA every 3 minutes or something like that on a prime post.

devinv

Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:12 pm

Definitely agree -- Dual extrusion with PVA is really hard to get right. Would love an idle temperature that would warm back up when the other tool is a few seconds away from finishing its layer. Also, a separate tool change retract is super needed, I am doing it by hand right now editing the gcode with a text editor and it's a drag. PVA is oozy and ooze shields take a lot of time and material.

Return to “Feature Requests”